Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Steering wheel and seat are for mock-up purposes!!

The following are for those who got a kick out of the size of my engine stand, So a tour is in order
Paint booth

Good pic of engine stand, yes that is a blue 55 gal drum next to it.

This is more the size of engine for that stand and I used a full size coffee can for reference!

I don't use cherry picks. These work better!!

A press is always handy too. 20 ton air operated:)devil

Those pics were just for fun:)devil

·
Registered
206 Posts

Was always told to get ride of those glass type fuel filters. I guess they plastic/rubber drys out and they leak.... What i was told anyway back when i had a couple on my first car, a bug :D
Jack and Chris at MPD told me the same thing.

·
Registered
653 Posts

Was always told to get ride of those glass type fuel filters. I guess they plastic/rubber drys out and they leak.... What i was told anyway back when i had a couple on my first car, a bug :D
They look a little Baja Bugish......imho

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Glass

They look a little Baja Bugish......imho
And disallowed by most sanctioning bodies.........Not because of rubber, because of glass...........Ray

PS: Very nice install..........I would however, do away with the house plumbing components unless you can hide them down low somewhere......

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And disallowed by most sanctioning bodies.........Not because of rubber, because of glass...........Ray

PS: Very nice install..........I would however, do away with the house plumbing components unless you can hide them down low somewhere......

The fab shop is making me a complete stainless steel setup all welded and nice looking but this one will have to work until winter!!

I am already planning on getting a set of Patriot Alum. rect. port head heads and headers this winter!!:)devil I just want a month or so in the water so this will have to work for now.

I also saw a flanged pipe setup that bolts onto were the water pump goes, instead of the two plates and fitting. So I am having the fab shop make me that as well.

So I figure once I change the plumbing around for the headers and pipe I will then spend the money on the stainless braided hose and nicer fittings!! I will say I like the shrink clamps that gates hose makes they look bertter then hose clamps IMO.

So what fuel filter would you guys suggest? and is there anything else I could change around to help. Any feed back would be great!! Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.