Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Idaho Jet
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any good ideas on how to get into a Jet Boat with over the transom exhaust?? (When you are in the water) Ladders? Step? (I have a 19' Tahiti) I don't see a good way. Maybe you guys do!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Does anybody have any good ideas on how to get into a Jet Boat with over the transom exhaust?? (When you are in the water) Ladders? Step? (I have a 19' Tahiti) I don't see a good way. Maybe you guys do!
Welcome ! theres lots for you out here theres steps that swing over the side or transom and several that hinge off the bottom of swim decks etc I'll dig for some pics of some recent installs for you Tom

·
Idaho Jet
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steps

Thanks Tom, For all your help! Everybody on this forum is very helpful! I'm sure all these questions have been answered before!!!

Craig

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Whatever you do, avoid the rope ladders that hang over the gunwhale, they suck, I bought one, used it once and tossed it in the trash. Flimsy POS

·
Young Junior Member
319 Posts
i just climb up on the side of the bow...but my boat sits low, and it is easy to get into, i would never try to climb in from the back, never been burned by a header once.

·
Idaho Jet
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Step

That would be good for in shape adults but us overweight and kids have a hard time doing that!!!!!!!!!

Craig

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
drag the boat to shallower waters:)bulb

·
Idaho Jet
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steps

Now I'm getting smart A## replys....I need some help and you can't drag somebody across the lake!

Craig

P.S. If I want some smart a## replys I would go to some other sites.....

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Man, thats a great question!

We hold on to the side, extend as far as we can, then KICK and PULL!!
I can get my fat as* up on the side then swing a leg and flop into the back seating area, much like a beached whale.
Debbie is constantly asking what we can do?
I would be very interested to see options also Tom.

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
Thinking on it I realize I've only done that twice the whole time I've had my boat, gotten out & had to get back in from deep water. And both times would have made great entertainment for any onlookers I'm sure, lol... :p I got up by holding on to the ski tow & crawling up by way of the pump. Then slide past the headers & over the back seat. Gotta be careful, cuz it would be easy to slip while doing that, maybe some grip tape on top of the bowl is in order. :D

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
what about a swim platform over the pump like Taylor jets have,i know they were made for E-pumps but i know a TX-19 that has 1 over his pump,not hard to adapt and they work very well.im putting 1 on my ole mans tx-19 and 1 back on my sj.screw that dragging my fat ass in over the side anymore.do it 5-6 times in a outting talk about sore and the more you drink the worse you get at it.lol!!!

i dont have a pick maybe someone can post the swim paltform im talking aobut:)bulb

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
what about a swim platform over the pump like Taylor jets have,i know they were made for E-pumps but i know a TX-19 that has 1 over his pump,not hard to adapt and they work very well.im putting 1 on my ole mans tx-19 and 1 back on my sj.screw that dragging my fat ass in over the side anymore.do it 5-6 times in a outting talk about sore and the more you drink the worse you get at it.lol!!!

i dont have a pick maybe someone can post the swim paltform im talking aobut:)bulb
Friend of mine has a Kona with that set-up... Seems to work well for him & the kids when pulling tubes & whatnot...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Friend of mine has a Kona with that set-up... Seems to work well for him & the kids when pulling tubes & whatnot...

well damn thats alot bigger than the ones im using,lol!!!but the idea is still the same.thanks for posting.might go to the taylor web site and bring up the back of a SJ or LP and see what i mean.yeah they work great.
best of luck Travis

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Very seldom go over the side except to "check the anchor" and I usually step on the jet (or cav plates to get back in) , my Famly boat swim steps are at water line so its pretty simple to hike ones a$$ on to them;) That said we just put a nice "folding ladder on a customers boat . the steps are pre drilled for this and its worked quite nicely (same type steps as mine) just cant find the pic Tom

and then theres this : dont laugh weve sold a few over the years , stows away keeps the wife happy and works well for the $$ (about 25 bucks )

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
i just climb up on the side of the bow...but my boat sits low, and it is easy to get into, i would never try to climb in from the back, never been burned by a header once.

Its coming, the header burn. I used to think the same thing. I will never get burned. I now have two white marks on each arm from header burns. Wither checking plugs, adjusting the gate valve etc. You will get burned! :)hand

That's what boating is all about, Battle Scars.

·
Young Junior Member
319 Posts
Its coming, the header burn. I used to think the same thing. I will never get burned. I now have two white marks on each arm from header burns. Wither checking plugs, adjusting the gate valve etc. You will get burned! :)hand

That's what boating is all about, Battle Scars.
funny thing is, that ive been burned on a motorcyle and an r/c boat bbq and my truck, but as many years ive played around on my boat ive never been burned by em'....been burned by my skis when they were sitting in the sun in the middle of the boat...guess im just skeered of those pipes!
eventually its bound to happen though!:D

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
O/T your asking for problem if you have folks anywhere near the hedders, why do you thing the Insurance companies won't touch them. I for one would not want the liabitlity. I know someone that got third degree burns on their arms and side of body. All it was was a slip and fall, laying on to of the headers, had done it 100's of times before too, with out incident. It's a p.i.a. to get in the boat, but im stuck with jumping in and out over the side. Like "that guy" said push up on the gunnel, and toss the leg up,
It's the only way for deep water entry.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Now I'm getting smart A## replys....I need some help and you can't drag somebody across the lake!

Craig

P.S. If I want some smart a## replys I would go to some other sites.....

Explain the remarks you speak of??

1 - 20 of 60 Posts