Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
History Repeating
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boat plows, would a droop help get the tail out of the water? Right now with the diverter handle about 2-3 clicks down from teh top the boat feels the best, but is still riding really wet.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
There are a few things that would help! But first have you checked the bottom for hook with a stright edge? WT:)devil

·
History Repeating
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a few things that would help! But first have you checked the bottom for hook with a stright edge? WT:)devil
Nope, how would I go about doing this?

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Need like a yard rule or a stright piece of something about 3-5' long! Get under boat and go from transom towards front in a stright line and see if you can see light between bottom of boat and stright edge. Some will be in most older boats but not a whole lot! Check this first just so you know. Hook causes a kind of suction and will hold the boat down!
And some boats that are vbottom are a heavy layup and it is hard to lift anyway.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
What type of loader do you have? Rideplate and shoe? Stright nozzle?

·
History Repeating
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What type of loader do you have? Rideplate and shoe? Stright nozzle?
no shoe or ride plate, Jacuzzi WJ pump (worn out I might add) manual place diverter, straight nozzle, 1000lbs hull :))eek:)), stock rock grate, oh and I carry 25 gallons up front - lots working against me, but I figure a droop maybe able to help lift the boat up a bit.

·
Registered
135 Posts
no shoe or ride plate, Jacuzzi WJ pump (worn out I might add) manual place diverter, straight nozzle, 1000lbs hull :))eek:)), stock rock grate, oh and I carry 25 gallons up front - lots working against me, but I figure a droop maybe able to help lift the boat up a bit.
Damn, I was going to offer to let you try my droop, till you said Cuzzi.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have put a droop on my 21ft tahiti and shes heavy in the ass and it has
made the biggest diffrence in the world, last summer i put the place divertor on and it just wasnt quite enough and then put a dominator bowl and droop on this summer:)devil Now it gives me enough stern lift to keep the front end from porposing

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
Dont mess with the bottom!!!!! You are opening a can of worms buddy. Find a set uf saddle tanks and loose the bow tank! That is holding you waaay back. You can try a droop BUT every boat(v bottom) I did a droop on, it planted the azz down. You could try a snoot from HTP and a few wedges.

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts

A shoe would help you alot. Do you plan on keeping the boat?

·
History Repeating
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
A shoe would help you alot. Do you plan on keeping the boat?
Yeah I'll keep it forever, been in the family since brand new in '77 :D

I also don't plan to do anything with the bottom either, really its just a family boat that looks sorta cool, I konw it'll never be fast. Figured a droop or something similar is an easy bolt-on upgrade that might help a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts