Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been towed in over 3 years, and here it is. It started sputtering and surging and backfiring. At first, I thought it may have been a loose electrical connection, then it progressively got worse. So I'm thinking it may be in the cap or dizzy. :(

·
Registered
269 Posts
More pics. I had to stop the engine and increase the water flow to the headers cause when I was towing him they were dry and everything was getting hot. That is why in the second pic you see a lot of steam and his GF has a towel covering her.

Good time today though.
T.J.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was like getting a facial. :D

TJ, thank you for the tow.

The problem seems to have been the 6000 chip in the MSD box. We all checked a few things out on the motor, but the biggest change was pulling the limiter...and it worked without missing a beat.

·
cj812
503 Posts
It was like getting a facial. :D

TJ, thank you for the tow.

The problem seems to have been the 6000 chip in the MSD box. We all checked a few things out on the motor, but the biggest change was pulling the limiter...and it worked without missing a beat.
aint it great when its the easy cheap stuff;)

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
I would have to agree. Being dead in the water with no ice cold beverage really sucks. I got pulled in a few years back and didnt like it very much so I always make sure I have a ice chest in the boat at all times.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts