Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a "good" road trailer for my boat. I have used Ellis before, but because they are not available I'm looking elsewhere. Giroux was recommended and I was wondering what you think? I was wanting a hydro style with 10" finders and lowered. Pete said they can put 5" drop axels on, but that sounds very low. Any feedback would be appreciated....

·
Registered
609 Posts
Iam also interested in a road worthy dolley with fenders , Led lites, and a break a way tounge. Also a drivers side pole - guide for putting boat back on trailer. Please pm me quote.

·
3,246 Posts
Iam also interested in a road worthy dolley with fenders , Led lites, and a break a way tounge. Also a drivers side pole - guide for putting boat back on trailer. Please pm me quote.
on RDP there is a guy on there that owns Hampton Trailers. You might want to hit him up for a quote. From the pic's he posted, his stuff looks legit

·
Registered
567 Posts
thease are the trailers Im building,I have them for both flats and hydros,pm. me your e-mail address and I will send info on thease beauties!(hydro trailer shown)

Attachments

·
Az Desert Dweller
2,436 Posts
If your looking for an Ellis quailty trailer, Mike Livingston (who built the bulk of Ellis trailers) works for Schiada, still building some of the baddest trailers around, give him a call at Schiada Boats.

Scott

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Pete just built 2 trailers for myself and my uncle both turned out bitchen deffently worth the time to give him a call I have also had Danny build a trailer for a hallett vector it also turned out very nice. good luck :)sphss

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
What, so you have something with gerth to grab once in awhile Chief :)grn

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If your looking for an Ellis quailty trailer, Mike Livingston (who built the bulk of Ellis trailers) works for Schiada, still building some of the baddest trailers around, give him a call at Schiada Boats.

Scott
I've talked to Mike at least three times. He says he's interested but won't give me a price. He keeps saying "didn't my boss call you?" I'm concerned that if he can't get me a price how about getting me a trailer???

·
Registered
609 Posts
What, so you have something with gerth to grab once in awhile Chief :)grn
Kinda like your belly bud :)hand Still looking for a trailer since my brother took mine... Pay backs are a .....

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
I've talked to Mike at least three times. He says he's interested but won't give me a price. He keeps saying "didn't my boss call you?" I'm concerned that if he can't get me a price how about getting me a trailer???
You have to call Lee at Schiada for quotes etc... Mike now works for Schiada. Incidentally They are building me 2 trailers right now for my mini's.

I think you would have a hard time beating Trevor at Hampton trailers. He's built me some pretty trick stuff, and I've always been stoked on the quality and the price. Done a lot of work for people on the boards as well, and everyone has had a possitive experience that I know of. I can post pics of his work if your interested.

His # 714-329-3276

I don't think any "dolly" trailer sitting on golf cart tires will be considered "road worthy" though. Your going to need to get some real "DOT" wheels and tires.

RD

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can post pics of his work if your interested.
I don't think any "dolly" trailer sitting on golf cart tires will be considered "road worthy" RD[/QUOTE

No, I'm not looking for a dolly trailer. I would like to get a "road trailer" like an Ellis.

Yes, please post the pictures.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Pete will do the job correctly, the first time. He builds everything to 'his tastes' and he leaves the others behind. I know that Pete will build above and beyond what you would require. He's a racer, a craftsman, and 'just a good guy', did you get my point ?

·
Az Desert Dweller
2,436 Posts
Lee, has been out of the office per Stan today, my dad is awaiting numbers from Lee on a really custom trailer for our Schiada flatty, you have to be patient !!!, its the Schiada way:D:D Mike or Stan will get back to you.......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts