Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we are heading to glamis tomorrow and were wondering where to park the motorhome where we wont get stuck. we havent been there in 20yrs!!!!!

·
Spot On Dee El...
688 Posts
Was thinking of heading out there this weekend too... What is the usual weather out there when it is raining here in La La land?

I know sometimes I head out to the desert to go riding and it rains just about enough to get the ground damp, keep the dust down and nothing more... Is Glamis like this?

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
I know sometimes I head out to the desert to go riding and it rains just about enough to get the ground damp, keep the dust down and nothing more... Is Glamis like this?
Yes, but too much water and it makes the sand real heavy.

Brian

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
we are heading to glamis tomorrow and were wondering where to park the motorhome where we wont get stuck. we havent been there in 20yrs!!!!!

Park anywhere right off the road and you will be good, down by the store area is all hard pack also.

Right off Gecko rd is paved into a loop with bathrooms now. You have to pay fees
anywhere you park (glamis permit) possibly in conjunction with the forestry adventure pass I think.

Be carefull out there, it is not the same atmosphere as it was 20 years ago.

Sad but true.

Brian

·
Registered
239 Posts
Park anywhere on Gecko road... as stated above there is a weekly fee of $25.00 and seriously things do react a little different when the sand is wet. We had two rhinos roll in 45 miniutes last time out in the rain and never had any problems until than.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks to you all. we'll try gecko rd. ya, we heard its not the same and we'll be careful.besides 2forceful is going and i think he is a dr. a proctologist i think.:D

·
Registered
658 Posts
Gecko road will be ok but crowded, even on an off weekend (really no such thing as an off weekend anymore) We always camp in the flats below the store, it's been home base for years. After all the rain the flats is really hard packed, no chance of getting stuck. BUY A PASS. This is the one law that the LEO's really enforce. They will go camp to camp looking for violators. We'll be out there Sat through Mon.

·
Registered
274 Posts
like everyone said already anywere off gecko will be good. also dont bring glass bottle beer and pallets. we got warned about the bottles and told about the pallets. just a heads up.also do buy the pass theyll stop you and the tickets is alot more that buyin the pass would be.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Gecko and Road Runner are great places to stay... if you can find a spot. An offweekend like this one shouldn't be too bad to find a single spot. For ease I would suggest staying in the washes (Head south between the beach store and RR tracks). They are hard packed and flat. You are a little futher from the bigger dunes and it can be a dust bowl, but for a first timer (in a long timer) it would be the easiest place to set up camp.

·
Social
1,250 Posts
Just got home from Glamis on Tuesday. Camped on the first paved road off Gecko. We had plenty of room. 4 motorhomes and tons of toys. By tuesday am there were only 5 other camp sites left around us.

Have Fun. We had awesome weather.

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts
Glamis was unbelieveable, great weather,

we stayed right by the store, went for a dune ride to gecko

we'll stay there next time

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Glamis was unbelieveable, great weather,

we stayed right by the store, went for a dune ride to gecko

we'll stay there next time
The trip this year was one of the best trips I have ever been on. Good times, horsepower and cocktales.Can't wait for next year.:)devil:)devil

1 - 20 of 20 Posts