Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or near there.I heard that area was closed for train track repair,anyone been near there lately???We like that area for the kids,little dunes,not to crowded.Thanks RR

·
Registered
135 Posts
the fence starts @ wash 6 and runs for about 8 miles. There are gaps 10' @ each wash they were suspost to be 20' but oh well. Just camp @ gecko.

·
Registered
590 Posts
No closures for railroad repairs. The railroad put up a fence, starting at like wash 28, and it will eventually go to wash 1. They are doing this to keep everyone off wash road.
Right now, you can drive your street legal vehicles on wash road, and get into the washes through the openings PM mentioned. At the end of this duning season, the RR plans to close those openings, and put a gate on wash road at Wash 1. The BLM is in the planning stages to grade a new wash road. When that will happen is the million dollar question.
Hope this helps.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
You didn't like my answer? There are gaps in the fence but it is tight.
No kidding... He must think you're chopped liver or something... :)sphss

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
I was under impression that there was no real access past 6. Que no?
There are 15 to 20 foot openings at each of the washes. We were there two weeks ago and it's tight but we got moho's through and 40 foot 5th wheels. Some are better than others. The road will remain open through this season and the BLM is working on grading a new road west of the fence the RR put up. We'll see but for now it works ok.

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts