Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AARP Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a GM fan all my life. Worked for a couple of GM dealerships and run GM BBC's in my boats.
I have been flat broke three times in my life. When drafted, hospital bills for my son and a divorce. I have never filled Bankruptcy. If you do in a small town, it is your locals that do not get paid.
GM owes billions of dollars to other businesses. The Govenment saved GM. What about the people they owe.
Steel companies.
Paint companies.
Upholstery manufacturer.
Wiring manuf.
Glass Co.
Tire Co.
Trucking co.
Electronic Co.
Stereo and entertainment Co.
And more.

I would never sell another item to a company that leaves me holding the bag.
Let them clean their own house first.
Now who ever ask me if I wanted to own 60% of a failing automaker? Does that mean I can pay only 40% of list, for my new truck?
No one is working in my house. How about your budget? No one is bailing me out. I do not expect them to. But don't make me pay for someones failure, especially when the leaders of that company are still in the 7 digit, or more, income range. :)st

·
Registered
694 Posts
GM = general malise. A dying company that will never thrive or survive. Temporary life support that will not result in any kind of future. CPR and lifesupport systems are not tools for quality of life. Pull the plug on a dying historical relic

·
AARP Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I would say we are getting pretty damn strong.:)devil
Years ago, I worked for the third richest man in Idaho. Albertson and Simplot were the two richest. Ambrose, now deceased, was number three and owned a trucking company called Montana Express with 85 trucks and over 100 drivers. He had filed bankruptsy more than once but managed to keep his wealth. Not well liked in his small town, and owned many, many homes that he rented back.
He cheated drivers out of money owed them. He put his crank case oil into his diesel oil (against the law) but worse, it plugged up our fuel filters and caused us to stall along the winter roads. Other things best not mentioned.
As I grow older, it appears that the "Golden Rule" will not make you wealthy.
It also appears that as long as we honor drug laiden Rock Stars and Movie Stars, that have become rich and famous, we will keep sending the wrong message, to our youth, on how to find success. :)st

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Years ago, I worked for the third richest man in Idaho. Albertson and Simplot were the two richest. Ambrose, now deceased, was number three and owned a trucking company called Montana Express with 85 trucks and over 100 drivers. He had filed bankruptsy more than once but managed to keep his wealth. Not well liked in his small town, and owned many, many homes that he rented back.
He cheated drivers out of money owed them. He put his crank case oil into his diesel oil (against the law) but worse, it plugged up our fuel filters and caused us to stall along the winter roads. Other things best not mentioned.
It also appears that as long as we honor drug laiden Rock Stars and Movie Stars, that have become rich and famous, we will keep sending the wrong message, to our youth, on how to find success. :)st
Al, ya just might find comfort in knowing that the guy now occupies one of the hotter corners of hell.....if he isn't, he should.;)

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Reminds me of a movie I think was "A Bronx Tale" where a young kid becomes enamored with a Mafia Wise Guy over his bus driver hard working honest father. Also "Good Fellas" where young Henry fell in with gangsters and the Mafia. Cash, bling, and power looked real good compared to hard working parents but both boys found out the hard way in the end.....

Just got to instill values and morals in the kids from the beginning and hope it takes....Of course now it's not the mafia you have to look out for, it's politics and a government job that's the immoral route.;)

·
AARP Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not sure we can separate organized crime from politics. California generates more income than many other states but where does it go? Is something milking this state to death? We pay more for just about all our daily needs, than most other states. BTW, My 26' motor home reg. just went up to $1000 this year.
This state has so much defered maintenance, infrastructure, that some of it is over 100 years old with no improvement. Sewer and water lines, in the Bay Area, are a good example. Texas' freeways are so much nicer than ours and I bet they have three time what California does.
Okay, I'll shut up for a while. :)st Your turn to vent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts