Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard from a couple of very reliable sources that Bob Graf took his final lap today...

The sport is now missing a lot of knowledge and a ton of history. This saddens me greatly, Bob had absolutely no tact nor any people skills for those outside of his 'circle' ( pun intended) but I loved him dearly for everything that he brought to GN racing and performance in general.

Race in peace Bob...I'll see you in the next turn...

Carl

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Very sad to hear this. :( Bob was a very knowledgeable and strong-spirited man whom I enjoyed many a colorful banter with. He will definitely be missed...... :cry:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Iam soooooo sad to hear this.
When I first delt with Bob he had me spitting nails, We ended up being great freinds and he passed on some of his knowledge to me.
I feel very fortunate to have known Bob.
My condolences to his family!!!!
Rest in peace my freind!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This just ruined my weekend:(
Having a cocktail and toasting Bob's next build...and, like you Andy, not happy about the closing of a great weekend of racing. I'm thinking that he waited until the weekend was done so as to not put a damper on the race weekend.

Carl

·
steelcomp was here
26,527 Posts
I have no words...I'm stunned. Just spoke with him a week or so ago.

I can't believe I just read this...

I'll see you again my Brother .:))THumbsUp

·
Registered
176 Posts
Very sad news. I always enjoyed reading his posts weather they were pure good information on technical topics or just pure good b.s. About whatever. He will be missed greatly. R.I.P.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Passing of a legend

I'm speechless, this is all so sudden. I was hoping to pick his brain on some GN set ups and get his sometimes harsh but to the point advice. His knowledge and commentary on all subject of marine and engine technology will be sorely missed.

RIP GN7

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
Dang it.

·
just a ski boat with bark
2,811 Posts
Damn this sucks. :(

My sincere condolences to Bob's family and friends he will truly be missed.
I always enjoyed reading Bob's post and had talked with him on the phone
a few times I always wanted to meet him in person. May he rest in peace.

God bless you Bob. :)hand

·
Some guy
3,632 Posts
Sorry to hear that news,, wish I had a photo of him picking up a tall deck block from me and sticking it in the trunk of his little Mustang. Truly a different guy in person than he came across on the boards in most instances.

·
steelcomp was here
26,527 Posts
People who knew Bob personally know there was so much more to him than boat racing. We would talk about all sorts of crazy things for hours. Bob had a very strong belief in, and relationship with God. If there is a Heaven, and I believe there is, Bob's on his way.
One of my very favorite people in my life.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts