Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way back to Casa de' TRG and ran across a 19' Liberty, looked to be a center steer, stacked tank either drag boat, but I wanna say that it was a circle boat, anyone know this boat?
Good looking boat

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
it's lance's boat real good runner he lives over by magic mountain Harold Bruce rerigged it recently

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Mike!...It was not your boat!:D speaking of witch...when is the last time you layed your eyes on your boat??? any idea when youare gonna....aw hell I know the answer to that!;)
The boat on the 57fwy had an R&D sticky on it. at the time I saw it, he should have been pointing towards LA if he lives out near Santa Clarita!

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like a Liberty to me,...Good to see you towing the speed limit Nailhead! I was in a lowered black tahoe clipping along about 75-85 in the slow lane! dont think I cut you and your buddy off (Sorry if i did!), but Im sure I cut someone else off! This joker was in a hurry to a Job interview!...nailed it and just found out I Got the job today. In this situation, speeding got me something other than a Twicket...Employment!
After 3/4 of a year, it feels good to say that I have a job.:)

·
Registered
421 Posts
It is a Liberty, Eliminator did have the mold for some time. I just got a ticket towing at 75mph to the river with 2 others at the same time. Can't do that again. Congrats on the job!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Looks like a Liberty to me,...Good to see you towing the speed limit Nailhead! I was in a lowered black tahoe clipping along about 75-85 in the slow lane! dont think I cut you and your buddy off (Sorry if i did!), but Im sure I cut someone else off! This joker was in a hurry to a Job interview!...nailed it and just found out I Got the job today. In this situation, speeding got me something other than a Twicket...Employment!
After 3/4 of a year, it feels good to say that I have a job.:)
Congrats todd! Now maybe you can start lookin for that bigger "Vessel" Juzzy has been naggin about.:)devil

·
Just Me
4,058 Posts
It is a Liberty, Eliminator did have the mold for some time. I just got a ticket towing at 75mph to the river with 2 others at the same time. Can't do that again. Congrats on the job!
So do you know if the bottom of this boat is the same as on the 73 eliminator? Bought it becuase it looked like a good candidate to circle race. If it's the same hull bottom apparently I was right and you're proving it for me. I mean it looks exactly like I've planned all the way down to the cav plates I'm modifying to make functional. I must admit it looks good. Sorry to hear about the ticket though, you should have told the cop you thought race boats were exempt from the slower speed limit. Who knows he might have laughed and let you go.... worse case he writes you a ticket anyways. :D

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
So do you know if the bottom of this boat is the same as on the 73 eliminator? Bought it becuase it looked like a good candidate to circle race. If it's the same hull bottom apparently I was right and you're proving it for me. I mean it looks exactly like I've planned all the way down to the cav plates I'm modifying to make functional. I must admit it looks good. Sorry to hear about the ticket though, you should have told the cop you thought race boats were exempt from the slower speed limit. Who knows he might have laughed and let you go.... worse case he writes you a ticket anyways. :D
your hull is not the "eliminator liberty" hull.....eliminator didnt get the liberty mold until the 80's....and the liberty hull wasnt made until 75-ish i believe.

if i remember correctly, you have the same hull as Propless (busby's old boat)

·
Just Me
4,058 Posts
You remember correctly Brad. So same transom line, different bottom? I wonder how similar they are.

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
You remember correctly Brad. So same transom line, different bottom? I wonder how similar they are.
I have a liberty and i also have a hallett that is identical to your hull.

the entry on your hull is much more shallower then the liberty....and the liberty has deeper chines. they arent similar

here is the bottom of a liberty

·
Just Me
4,058 Posts
That shows exactly the differences I was looking for. Thanks. I guess I'm still on my own to figure out if it will turn left satisfactorily. I didn't see anything that says you can't have inboard rudders and a fixed (non steerable) nozzle in the the rules. not to totally jack this thread but would that be legal? And to keep it more on topic, Is this boat a new setup for this season or an older race boat freshened up?

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
That shows exactly the differences I was looking for. Thanks. I guess I'm still on my own to figure out if it will turn left satisfactorily. I didn't see anything that says you can't have inboard rudders and a fixed (non steerable) nozzle in the the rules. not to totally jack this thread but would that be legal? And to keep it more on topic, Is this boat a new setup for this season or an older race boat freshened up?
the rule of thumb is if it doesnt specifically state you cant do it, then its legal....your idea has already kinda been done....its not 'inboard', but the same concept.

of course your concept needs to be tested and proven to work and be safely constructed before it will be allowed on the course.

im interested what you have in mind....i like the 'out of the box' ideas

1 - 20 of 20 Posts