Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to your group. Everyone seems way cool. I need help with my new boat 28 Magic Deck with 525 and xr drive 26 prop. I get 78 at 5400rpm. Wanna go faster. Prop? Engine mod? Drive upgrade?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
New to your group. Everyone seems way cool. I need help with my new boat 28 Magic Deck with 525 and xr drive 26 prop. I get 78 at 5400rpm. Wanna go faster. Prop? Engine mod? Drive upgrade?
What drive do you have and what gears?
A 525 with a whipple kit seems to work good. You can get this at whipple or at GTperformance they both sell the kits.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Xr drive. No idea on gearing.
1.5 would be my guess as it was pretty standard.

Your best bet will be the whipple kit and a new prop to match the new power. Be careful with that XR or your new 800+hp motor will destroy it. You'll also want to added hydraulic steering if you don't have it already. Drop it of at GT and be prepared to spend $15-20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
1.5 would be my guess as it was pretty standard.

Your best bet will be the whipple kit and a new prop to match the new power. Be careful with that XR or your new 800+hp motor will destroy it. You'll also want to added hydraulic steering if you don't have it already. Drop it of at GT and be prepared to spend $15-20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree with this. Whipple did wonders for my boat and Don (hullshot) did a fantastic job on the hydraulic steering and tuning up my drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts