Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Been Around a few but still funny
Bad Berks :D
Back when Havasu had smooth water late in the day:)devil

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
there is a rumored 3rd video...i have a heard from a few reliable sources that there that remember seeing a 3rd one at the trade shows.

i emailed panther directly and never got a responce.

i made my own bad berk shirt a couple of years ago... :)grn ...i think this was its only appearance that i remember.

Attachments

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
there is a rumored 3rd video...i have a heard from a few reliable sources that there that remember seeing a 3rd one at the trade shows.

i made my own bad berk shirt a couple of years ago... :)grn ...i think this was its only appearance that i remember.

That's F'in hilarious!lol

·
Registered
851 Posts

I've heard those rumors too about the 3rd video, but you'll have to track down Ken Baker who owned Panther to find it ( he also owned Sidewinder boats), not the guy that owns the company now. Or a phone call to Jack at MPD might shake something loose, he's in the film, 'bad prop' (I think) so he might know. Also featured is one time K jet racer Jeff Paine, but he's MIA.

Cool stuff for sure.

·
Registered
210 Posts
that is funny , but i will say for a regular ole lake boat, those panther jets did work well , when i had one in my boat it worked fine , for the mowt part, i think it was 30 years old when i took it out and replaced it witha berk, of course there is no substitute if you want performance, but for a family crusier , they did work o.k. ,,

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Did anybody catch the channel, london bridge area, It reminds me of when I was a kid nothing around except for a few small shops.

I can remember making a pass through the bridge at 430 am hoping my dad wouldn`t know I stold the boat and was out all night.

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
Did anybody catch the channel, london bridge area, It reminds me of when I was a kid nothing around except for a few small shops.

I can remember making a pass through the bridge at 430 am hoping my dad wouldn`t know I stold the boat and was out all night.
yeah, classic for sure.....brings back memories

that 'pass'...was it at speed? if so, nice!

reminds me of the times i jumped off the bridge and it wasnt a big deal...now its considered a suicide attempt lol

we used to also lake jump our bikes into the channel on the south island side of the bridge where the shops are now.

also reminds me of going through the channel riding on the bow of the boat with my feet draggin in the water. my dad would be thrown in jail for child endangerment if he tried that today :mad:

also..we used to ride in the boat from windsor (boat ramp) back to the house...

sucks the next generations will never experience some of these things.

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts

we did much of that..along with towing our buddy skiing bout 40mph, at about 230 am..all the way through the channel in RickyB's eliminator lol, while listening to a metallica tape..yes ..it had a tape player! LOL Good times! NOw i totally behave at the river...NOT

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
yeah, classic for sure.....brings back memories

that 'pass'...was it at speed? if so, nice!

reminds me of the times i jumped off the bridge and it wasnt a big deal...now its considered a suicide attempt lol

we used to also lake jump our bikes into the channel on the south island side of the bridge where the shops are now.

also reminds me of going through the channel riding on the bow of the boat with my feet draggin in the water. my dad would be thrown in jail for child endangerment if he tried that today :mad:

also..we used to ride in the boat from windsor (boat ramp) back to the house...

sucks the next generations will never experience some of these things.
we did much of that..along with towing our buddy skiing with his pants down, at about 230 am..all the way through the channel in RickyB's eliminator lol.
God I can remember jumping from the bridge too, Yes the pass was as fast as the boat would go. Stold boat and was hanging out with a bunch of girls at crazy horse when I noticed that the sun was riseing and dad woke at crack of dawn. We where staying at black meadow landing it was either around the island and get caught or through channel. long story short I drove up and he came out and I said you ready to go he said for what I said first ski run of the day. He thought I was just up early not out all night.

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
God I can remember jumping from the bridge too, Yes the pass was as fast as the boat would go. Stold boat and was hanging out with a bunch of girls at crazy horse when I noticed that the sun was riseing and dad woke at crack of dawn. We where staying at black meadow landing it was either around the island and get caught or through channel. long story short I drove up and he came out and I said you ready to go he said for what I said first ski run of the day. He thought I was just up early not out all night.

holy chit black meadow landing is a good couple of clicks away from the channel! you animal! That makes fora LONNGGG next day...unfortunately, we still see thesun come up a lot at aha quin , and it's not from getting up early it's from still being up. I need to grow up!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
holy chit black meadow landing is a good couple of clicks away from the channel! you animal! That makes fora LONNGGG next day...unfortunately, we still see thesun come up a lot at aha quin , and it's not from getting up early it's from still being up. I need to grow up!
Trust Me your glad I grew up, I used to break out in a bad case of steel braclets, plus I promise there was many days and nights I never saw the back of my eye lids and I mean days and weeks at a time LOL

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
we always used to stay at black meadow and make a mid-week run to the bridge to go to the shooting gallery. then dad would ski all the way back to camp. he was the man back then.

lunch under the bridge, cruising the channel on the bow of the boat, bassett headers and string bikinis lining both sides of the channel. good times.

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
cyclone, i recall a hydro or two cruisin through the channel as well,...or was i too young to know what i was seein?

mike d crazy horse..now THAT was a kick in the ass back in the day!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts