Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The boat Passed Inspection!!!! No more spending an arm and a leg to drive to Lake Piru for crappy chopped up waterthis winter! It was costing me pretty much $100bucks depending if I needed gas in the truck to drive an hour and a half to Lake Piru for test and tune. Not anymore. Now its back to driving 4 miles from my driveway to the front gate at Casitas. I've been waiting for summer to be over so that I can do this.
The inspection: Pretty simple. The ranger is a cool old timer. He said he loves inspecting jet boats because he doesnt have to hop up in or stick his head down any wierd engine compartments. He basically walked around, checked the bilge and what not for any water. I filled out some basic paperwork, then he put on the cable and lock (which are mine now) with a tamper proof clip (which is theres). He said that rangers have caught people tampering with the clip. Going so far as to cut the cable and use shrink wrap to put it back together. It was $50bucks for the inspection and lock and key. Now I'm waiting out the 10 day quarintine till I can use the lake. Since its coming into winter time, I dont think I will be tampering with this system. If caught your done at Casitas!
Looking forward to getting out there and spending some real time (not rushed) on smooth water to get this boat dialed in for next season....

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your post. Is the 10 day quarrantine due to the Quagga mussel?

I was at Piru a couple weeks ago and they checked out my boat and let me on, no problem at all. I hadn't been on a lake for a month prior. Piru was about 30 feet down from the month before - really low and a small lake anyway for my size boat. The rangers were pretty helpful.

How is Casitas for boating/skiing/wakeboarding?

·
I don't feel tardy
845 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your post. Is the 10 day quarrantine due to the Quagga mussel?

I was at Piru a couple weeks ago and they checked out my boat and let me on, no problem at all. I hadn't been on a lake for a month prior. Piru was about 30 feet down from the month before - really low and a small lake anyway for my size boat. The rangers were pretty helpful.

No swimming, skiing or wake boarding, basically no human contact.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yes the 10 day quarrantine is because of the mussel. I was making day trips to Piru during the summer because they dont require a lock and cable device. That means I can boat at Piru then roll to the river or Naci then back to Piru. Lake Casitas requires this lock and cable with a tamper proof clip on it so that if you go anywhere but Casitas you have to do the 10 day quarrantine all over again.
So now that summer is over we really dont do any trips to the river or Naci much so it makes sense for me to only drive 4 miles to do my boating on thoughs nice 70* days!
Lake Casitas is our drinking water so no contact. I come home from work (darn half days:D) load up the boat and a ice chest and roll out, launch, find a cove to kick it in, light up a nice cigar, crack a good tasty beer and relax my afternoon away. This by all means is perfect for ME!:)devil

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes the 10 day quarrantine is because of the mussel. I was making day trips to Piru during the summer because they dont require a lock and cable device. That means I can boat at Piru then roll to the river or Naci then back to Piru. Lake Casitas requires this lock and cable with a tamper proof clip on it so that if you go anywhere but Casitas you have to do the 10 day quarrantine all over again.
So now that summer is over we really dont do any trips to the river or Naci much so it makes sense for me to only drive 4 miles to do my boating on thoughs nice 70* days!
Lake Casitas is our drinking water so no contact. I come home from work (darn half days:D) load up the boat and a ice chest and roll out, launch, find a cove to kick it in, light up a nice cigar, crack a good tasty beer and relax my afternoon away. This by all means is perfect for ME!:)devil

Thanks for the explanation. Guess it'll be a while before I go to Casitas. Piru is a nice lake, relatively close to home. My only complaint is that it is a bit small. Still, for watersports and fishing, it appears to be near perfect. I'm sure we'll be back in the near future.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the explanation. Guess it'll be a while before I go to Casitas. Piru is a nice lake, relatively close to home. My only complaint is that it is a bit small. Still, for watersports and fishing, it appears to be near perfect. I'm sure we'll be back in the near future.
Piru is a nice lake but for my jet boat it gets a little hard to drive in the afternoon because it gets so choppy out there. Piru stopped releasing water Nov. 1st. So hope we get a good amount of rain this year.:)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rolling out this Sunday! Putting the gps on it, making a few passes, then shuting it down to enjoy the rest of day floating!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts