Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many are going to make the run from Brower to the sandbar and back this year?:)grn

·
Registered
226 Posts
:)hand Don't worry buy the time you get back we will re-lite the camp fire with some Alcohol out of your truck, no huckle berries, SMASH MELLOWS to be roasted, Flat SMASH MELLOW:)hand:)devil we will keep it glowing so you can find your way back. :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey Yoop the boat colors are looking better to me, at first I didn't know if I like it, but it sure does look nice. Thought it would of looked better with some Yellow and flames?????:)hand just teasing:)hand:)hand you know it's the Yeller boat thing.:)hand

·
Registered
934 Posts
im not worried about the not making the trip back and forth. I would be more worried about getting a ticket in the no wake zone. Thats where I got pulled over for going to fast at idle last year. Luckly the cop was pretty decent

·
Mr. Potato Head
640 Posts
No yellow here, my first boat was yellow and a jet. Whew glad i`m outta that phase. I learned REAL BOATS HAVE PROPS:)devil:)devil

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
im not worried about the not making the trip back and forth. I would be more worried about getting a ticket in the no wake zone. Thats where I got pulled over for going to fast at idle last year. Luckly the cop was pretty decent

Your boat is so fast it even idles fast:)put it on video it really flies:)devil

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Wonder who will be the first to the sand bar this year ? Wonder who was first last year ? Oh ya, it was ME. I'll haul the coolers ( and probally cowboi, lol ) and still get there first again. Wanna bet ? I have a secret, lol.:D

·
Breathing Diesel
2,111 Posts
The alky boys will be there first, they have to trailer theres to the bridge first while us lake boaters will enjoy the cruise up the lake :)grn:)grn:)grn:)grn:)grn

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
I would be more worried about getting a ticket in the no wake zone. Thats where I got pulled over for going to fast at idle last year.
That's going to be a big challenge for you and Tony.
From what I've seen MFI likes to idle at 2000 rpm. What gears do you guys run ?

I got stopped for going through the no wake zone in 2nd gear and had to drop down to 1st which is real slow. I run 37% gears and idle at 1000 rpm.

I boat at Hardy almost every weekend and go from Brower to party cove to the dam to the sandbar and back to Brower. Takes 14 - 15 gallons to make that loop if I don't hammer on it and cruise at about 40 mph / 3000 rpm.
That's about 2 mpg which I didn't think was too bad.
If I thrash it then it's like the coneheads used to say,
"Let us consume mass quantities" :)

I'm just making new fuel lines from the tanks to the pump so I can run E 85 this year.

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Whats the reason for fuel line change? Braided lines will work fine. My carbs are getting sent out next week for the conversion to E85.

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All you have to do is change a pill.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts