Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked the website and there are Eliminator and Warlock boats at this auction as well as a bunch of cars & RV's. It is at the Orange County Fairgrounds this Saturday & Sunday. Anybody here going to to go? Linky to the website: www.regionalauctionservices.com </SPAN>

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Just go ovet to Elminator and see if you can make a deal direct with them, before they go to sale. All the Eliminators are on the eliminator web site. If you can't sell them normal, you have to auction them off to the highest bidder. This auction does not sound like a "REAL" auction. Probably a sales stunt.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
2 new boats, 3 used boats, and 1 unfinished. A small fraction of their inventory.
Are most of their used boats on consignment? Or do they own them?

I doubt eliminator would go under. Downsize maybe. They are a icon in the industry and have the largest following of any custom boat builder.

In regards to the auction it appears to be a marketing ploy. Are there reserves on the items or is it highest bidder takes it?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts

I doubt eliminator would go under. Downsize maybe. They are a icon in the industry and have the largest following of any custom boat builder.

In regards to the auction it appears to be a marketing ploy. Are there reserves on the items or is it highest bidder takes it?

So was Fountain... And Chevy.. I have no clue about Eliminator but I'm just sayin' that times are tough. :mad: Bigger have bailed.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts

They have both but I have no idea of what the numbers of each would be. I'm guess many of not all co. owned were trade-in's.

In this economy, who knows who will survive. Have no doubts that they are in the same boat as the rest of the industry.

I didn't think it's a ploy, perhaps just a marketing tool. Of course the auction doesn't say a thing about reserves, that sucks, but I would bet all of the boats or cars have them.

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
Just go ovet to Elminator and see if you can make a deal direct with them, before they go to sale. All the Eliminators are on the eliminator web site. If you can't sell them normal, you have to auction them off to the highest bidder. This auction does not sound like a "REAL" auction. Probably a sales stunt.
You speak of what you do not know... I know one of the ownership parties in this auction, and that is what they do for a living (auto auctions), the difference being this auction will be open to the public whereas most auctions like this for cars and such are closed to dealers and wholesalers only.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Sounds to me like Eliminator is just doing some things to try and sell boats. It wouldn't be a small number of inventory if there were forced into it.

I think Bob is simply trying some aggressive measures to move some units. If it works then cash flows. If not, they probably just return to the sales floor.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Not for nothing but I'd be concerned if I was at Eliminator. That huge new building is not coming cheap. The over head etc. I'd imagine you'd have to sell at a minimum of 1 to 2 boats a month to cover the nut on that place. I don't know if that's happening. It would def. suck to see Eliminator go. Harsh times right now, I don't think there's a boating company that isn't really hurting.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Not for nothing but I'd be concerned if I was at Eliminator. That huge new building is not coming cheap. The over head etc. I'd imagine you'd have to sell at a minimum of 1 to 2 boats a month to cover the nut on that place. I don't know if that's happening. It would def. suck to see Eliminator go. Harsh times right now, I don't think there's a boating company that isn't really hurting.
Your trying to use logic here, and that wont work, there are a lot of Eliminator lovers here that dont want to use any business logic in there posts, the owner has (had) a ton of money, and he got it how? Probably investing it wisely, and that said, Im sure he is looking at his options now, yep the new building is a main reason for people to think they are doing fine, well, the monthly nut is costing them plenty, and if they dont offset that with a little thing called income, well needless to say, Im sure in due time even Eliminator will make some drastic changes....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts