Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to jail should be a bad thing right? It's punishment for a crime.

Apparently, some people feel it's more comfortable there than out. This is just the latest of these I've seen.

FBI: Elderly ex-con robbed bank in hopes of prison - Yahoo! News

Jails should all be hard labor camps that produce more than they cost. Simple logic I would think. If this guy wants to go to a prison that produces something then ok, but taxpayers shouldn't be paying for him to be comfortable. If he's too old to be productive in the jail, then the other inmates better be the ones providing for him to be comfortable.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Folks aren't too excited about being sent to Sheriff Joe's facility here in Maricopa County.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Going to jail should be a bad thing right? It's punishment for a crime.

Apparently, some people feel it's more comfortable there than out. This is just the latest of these I've seen.

FBI: Elderly ex-con robbed bank in hopes of prison - Yahoo! News

Jails should all be hard labor camps that produce more than they cost. Simple logic I would think. If this guy wants to go to a prison that produces something then ok, but taxpayers shouldn't be paying for him to be comfortable. If he's too old to be productive in the jail, then the other inmates better be the ones providing for him to be comfortable.
Last time my shop yard was broken into, while the cops were taking the report the perp walked by with the stolen goods. All he wanted was three hots and a cot.. These thieves need to be made responsible for their housing and upkeep. I know lawyers say it's cruel to make them work but what the hell do they call it when they stick their hands in our pockets to pay for these idiots?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Folks aren't too excited about being sent to Sheriff Joe's facility here in Maricopa County.

Ah yea Sheriff Joe. Now that should make them think twice before wanting to return club Joe. I'm surprised some lawyer hasn't found some way of saying that club Joe is unusual punishment...BBD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts