Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • I have a mild 454 with over the transom headers. I will be going to logs with snails. I will be running the supply water from the pump to the logs then to the block and out each side of the themostat to each snail. My question is do you still throttle the water from the pump like with the headers or do you leave it wide open or is that to much? Do you possibly leave it wide open and run another dump line? I just want to make sure I have enough water flow so that my exhauts hoses do not melt and I end up having a very bad day. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
  • I have a mild 454 with over the transom headers. I will be going to logs with snails. I will be running the supply water from the pump to the logs then to the block and out each side of the themostat to each snail. My question is do you still throttle the water from the pump like with the headers or do you leave it wide open or is that to much? Do you possibly leave it wide open and run another dump line? I just want to make sure I have enough water flow so that my exhauts hoses do not melt and I end up having a very bad day. Thanks for the help.
Your log plumbing and flow are different from Headers for sure , the plumbing routing you descibed is somewhat correct your water flows from the jet to the manifolds then to the lower block (adjacent to the timing cover] , then out of the water divider on the intake (Tstat hsg,no Tsat) then to the snails , no outbound metering like the headers use ,This would cause the connector hoses to burn and could sink the boat call or PM if you need help tom

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
headers to logs

Your log plumbing and flow are different from Headers for sure , the plumbing routing you descibed is somewhat correct your water flows from the jet to the manifolds then to the lower block (adjacent to the timing cover] , then out of the water divider on the intake (Tstat hsg,no Tsat) then to the snails , no outbound metering like the headers use ,This would cause the connector hoses to burn and could sink the boat call or PM if you need help tom

pm sent

1 - 3 of 3 Posts