Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to know where a good boat show happening is for the winter time? skiboat, performance, family, fishing type stuff.

The San Francisco boat show used* to be pretty neat, then it died. Is there any recommendations for norcal/ or southern

california?

Thanks!

--Sherpa

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
People should post up shows here:

Autorama is coming up this month, they usually have a few boats...

then the Sac Boat and RV show comes up in march i think. Thats all production stuff.

then we have the Dave Lakotas Clear lake car and boat show August 12-14

·
Registered
19,887 Posts
anaheim boat show "gone"

LA boat show sucks.....

·
Registered
386 Posts
If you're looking for high performance custom boats, the Lake Havasu Boat Show, April 8-10 in Lake Havasu State Park, Windsor 4 is your best bet. More high performance boat brands displaying there than any show west of Miami -- brands will include: Nordic (not going to L.A. this year), Howard, DCB, Eliminator, Hallett, Domn8er, Conquest, Caliber 1, Ultra, Shockwave, Interceptor, Cheetah, Advantage, LaveyCraft and Cobra. More info at Lake Havasu Boat Show

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts
If you're looking for high performance custom boats, the Lake Havasu Boat Show, April 8-10 in Lake Havasu State Park, Windsor 4 is your best bet. More high performance boat brands displaying there than any show west of Miami -- brands will include: Nordic (not going to L.A. this year), Howard, DCB, Eliminator, Hallett, Domn8er, Conquest, Caliber 1, Ultra, Shockwave, Interceptor, Cheetah, Advantage, LaveyCraft and Cobra. More info at Lake Havasu Boat Show
x2 we really liked the havasu show

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
I guess I'd ask what kind of show are you looking for. You mentioned the SF show which makes me think you want to see new production boats available for sale. Back in the day, we used to go to the SF show every year, bought a couple boats there but like others have said, gone. The LA boat show was the baddest of them all and bought a Laveycraft there but I hear it's not as good anymore.
Now the Autorama, Billy B's and others are shows to see cool/fast boats though most are for sale (for the right price) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hopefully la has a bigger turn out this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RDP is talking about how your over here. What happened?

This is lower river and drag boat territory. Those guys think a porpoise is if there boat moves at all while on plane. They would freak out if they ever felt true acceleration.

·
Registered
172 Posts

This is lower river and drag boat territory. Those guys think a porpoise is if there boat moves at all while on plane. They would freak out if they ever felt true acceleration.
Nothing really happened, just decided to take a break. There was a thread I thought was going to go sideways so rather than get mad and argue just decided to take a break. My second son was just born Tuesday so I've been pretty busy. Im sure I'll start posting again eventually. Some members just like to push my buttons and I'm in a different place now. No need to be the old vicious anymore

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts

I like drag boats... raced blown alcohol aa/bad ...a/fuel nitro...injected alcohol.. broggie roadster all asphalt though... I had flat bottoms to pontoons, V's and cats...

and I like lower river, parker,havasu,needles Mohave and mead...this used to be the spot to be and I've always like the forums here....tech section is always full of answers.... and good bench racing

Attachments

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts
Nothing really happened, just decided to take a break. There was a thread I thought was going to go sideways so rather than get mad and argue just decided to take a break. My second son was just born Tuesday so I've been pretty busy. Im sure I'll start posting again eventually. Some members just like to push my buttons and I'm in a different place now. No need to be the old vicious anymore

congrats on the new born...I raised 4, youngest 24 oldest is 42

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I like drag boats... raced blown alcohol aa/bad ...a/fuel nitro...injected alcohol.. broggie roadster all asphalt though... I had flat bottoms to pontoons, V's and cats...

and I like lower river, parker,havasu,needles Mohave and mead...this used to be the spot to be and I've always like the forums here....tech section is always full of answers.... and good bench racing
Oh, I wasn't talking about you. However, they are also talking about you posting over here too.

I like Dave, but many of the contributors tend to talk more crap than anything, but that's kinda what society is teaching these days...Yelp, facebook, twitter, etc.

I personally dropped Facebook and will probably take a break from everything else and focus that time on business. I kinda been slacking and enjoying spending time with family, but it's time to gear up and make more money for uncle sam. He wants half these days!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

Congradulations!!! I wish I could have more.

Imagine if you spent that time learning AutoCad? Did you ever get a copy?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Congradulations!!! I wish I could have more.

Imagine if you spent that time learning AutoCad? Did you ever get a copy?
My buddy has a copy for and said he was going to come teach me so I could mess around. I need to call again. Now that I'm not posting so much I have some free time

1 - 20 of 37 Posts