Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was pulled over hooked and off to jail. Cited and released. Ba .22 in san bernardino county. Whos the good lawyer to use? Sorry to see this happen we all make mistakes. Still luv her.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Spend the money getting your wife help. A .22 is huge figuring that was taken a considerable time after her arrest much less when she got behind the wheel.

I wish you both the best.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
.22 not good,but who in hell said she needs help,lol!!!!

she didn't need to drive that's all;)

nothing wrong with Drinking:D

·
Registered
658 Posts
If she was a .22 don't waste your money on an Atty. Nothing they can do.
X2 Been there done that years ago. The only things that an attorney can argue on is the calibration of the machine.......which would never be that far off. or some sort of procedural issue. Barring one of those arguments...it is a waste of $$$ Save it for the fine.

·
The King
1,107 Posts
I gotta agree. The only thing a lawyer buys you is an hour or so of court time (unless the cop messed up BIG TIME). Focking liars, er lawyers, spend half their time telling you how they are gonna get you off and spend the other half f their time telling you how that jugde is out of his mind. I actually think that they go to conventions in the Bahama's to learn that stuff.

Anyways, the judge hears all of the people with lawyers first, passes out their sentences and sends them on their way so they don't see that the people that just plead guilty and take their lumps, get EXACTLY the same sentence. Disclaimer ~ I haven't had one so this is all based on what I have heard and read.

Start saving your $$$ cuz it aint cheap.

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
Not to be a downer but at .22 I'm glad she was removed from the streets;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Pretty much agree with this. I would probably consult an attorney just to make sure there isn't some F up on the cops part.

Made this stupid mistake last September. Blew .18 and 2 attorneys basically told me save my money.. pay the fine do the time , don't do it again and move on with your life.
Two people went right before me in court and got the same exact fines i did except they paid 5 to 10K for there lawyers. I just did the yes sir no sir deal and acted respectful. It was amazing to me the way people dressed and talked to the judge when this guy decides your fate.

after fees and all i got out of court for just under 2k.
6 months DUI classes(about $850), Mandatory AA meetings and an IID device my car(runs about $90 a month for 5 months) also mandatory in my county since July 10th 2010.

Being she blew .22 you are probably looking at a 9 or 12 month program, maybe 18 and a higher fine though.

Be thankful she didn't hit or injure anyone. I beat myself up pretty bad because i was the preacher to my family...call if you've been drinking. They do call, I didn't. stupid choice.

·
3,246 Posts
Do not get a lawyer, waste of money for a .22

·
Registered
336 Posts
What is her BAC on the papers from the jail say. what did she blow at the station???

·
Registered
217 Posts
Kicking a dead horse here, but take it from someone that had a .23 when he got hooked and paid for an attorney..... Walk into the courtroom and say this to the judge.... "GUILTY YOUR HONOR"!! Trust me your going to save about 5K and a lot of aggravation.. And my DUI was in San Bernardino County.

·
mach26 300's
1,216 Posts
.08 is a horse of a different color and you might have a chance with getting a attorney. Also from what i hear her past record if any could take into account as well. That is such a bummer man, only .01 away from legal, good luck to you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
.08 is a horse of a different color and you might have a chance with getting a attorney. Also from what i hear her past record if any could take into account as well. That is such a bummer man, only .01 away from legal, good luck to you.
x2! if it was actually an .08. i got one a few years back and the atty drug the deal out longer then it needed to and did nothing but cost more money

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Get a lawer. Without knowing the circomstances, her history or read a police report. With the information provided , other advice at this point is crazy.

·
Registered
477 Posts
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This is very good advice. Listen. Just did this with a good friend that was .08 in San Bernardino also.

If you get an attorney to fight this, you might as well throw money into the wind and it will take an extra year to get this thing behind you.
Go to court, plead guilty, they will give her a 1st offense alcohol class, and a fine of 1400$$.
The DMV is going to suspend the license for 4 weeks with no restricted, after (4) weeks she can apply at the dmv for a restricted license.
When the alcohol class is completed she will get her reg license back within (2) weeks after.
If you need any other info feel free to ask. Good luck

This will be a major learning experience for her. Sh&t happen's.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Its a long way from where you are but here they put .08 on the ticket to help you out if you pleed. If you go to court he will have the record to show the true .22 plus the dash cam that will surely sink her!!!!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I see Calif is still pretty hard on DUI's as they and everyone else should be. I got one there 30 years ago, everyone told me don't waste money on an Atty. and I didn't, went to court pleaded guilty. There was a mandatory $500.00 fine, lost of driving privilages and a weekend in jail. Lesson learned.....the hard way!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts