Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kind of taking inventory of turbo parts I have accumulated over the years. I want to use these turbos here:

20140102_103725 | Flickr: Intercambio de fotos

20140102_103916 | Flickr: Intercambio de fotos

20131017_102519 | Flickr: Intercambio de fotos

mostly, because I like the integrated wastegate setup (providing it works of course)

But I also have these logs

Más tamaños | 20140102_104803 | Flickr: ¡Intercambio de fotos!

Someone welded in the wastegate, which I thought was a pretty neat idea...but not sure if it is a good one, or a bad one.

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
I am kind of taking inventory of turbo parts I have accumulated over the years. I want to use these turbos here:

mostly, because I like the integrated wastegate setup (providing it works of course)

But I also have these logs

Someone welded in the wastegate, which I thought was a pretty neat idea...but not sure if it is a good one, or a bad one.
Easier to read with pics instead of links

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Theyre all small looking turbines for a 540 man.honestly you wld make more power with a cheap blowthru carb and a pair of gt45's frm ebay.stallion was smoking guys with a banks setup converted to blowthru with cheap turbos.the gt45's frm ebay are holding up really well, look em up.pm stallion bout his old setup it hauled ass.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
I liked the pictures.

Before I would get too excited about switching to a blow-through system, the draw-through doesn't work bad if your using carburetors and RAJAY is one of turbos with the right seals to do it.

One thing I did notice and perhaps there are those who have more knowledge than I have can clarify.
One of the turbine housings appears to be an A/R 13 and the other appears to be an A/R 85.
That would appear to be a mis-match of turbine housings.
Am I mistaken?

Not to Hi-jack this thread, but I would like to locate a Rajay A/R 13 exhaust housing if anyone has one reasonably priced.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry...one set of turbo's are the EE trim which I believe is

E-Flow inducer/trim: 2.25" (57mm)/56 trim; E-Flow exducer/trim: 2.44" (62mm)/66 trim and a 1.03 AR

The other set of Turbos I haven't figured out yet.

I kind of figure I will wind up with an EFI on this boat at some point down the line (I already have the computer), so I have been rebuffing info's attempts to convert me from draw thru...though his persistence at least has me entertaining the idea of how to turn my innercooler into a carb hat :) I was pretty happy with the draw thru though...my uncles boat ran the dual carb PFM system for about 30 years before going to efi...that thing was turn key!

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Maybe somebody can explain a couple things to me.
'
Why start with a dominator manifold, make an adaptor so you can use a POS Holley base, that he had to buy anyway and didn't already have laying around, then mickey mouse a throttle sensor to it, as a opposed to a 4 barrel throttle body with a throttle sensor mount in it, along with a provision for a IAR. Wonder if he had some super bitchin plan to flow air thru that sharp edge base plate as opposed to a nicely contoured 4 bbl throttle body. Because if he just stuck the hat on that POS, he was just pissing into the wind. A nice fabricated throttle body would way out flow that pile by a shit load.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You got me...I just liked the look of it hanging out under the innercooler. Personally, I changed...well...TJ who used to be on this site...changed the base of my innercooler to a dominator a few years ago so I wouldn't have to mess with damned adapters.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Better idea is to just put the whole damned carb there under the cooler and forget the efi. :wink2::)hand

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
I am switching the green boat to EFI port injection and using 2 throttle bodies and staying drawthru.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, but the cooler bolts on with a carb pattern, You'd have to flip the POS over and they don't work so well like that:wink2:
No sense of imagination :)

Again, you jehova witnesses of blow thru DO have me thinking...

I would have to do a dominator to 4150 adapter...or, just get another 4150 intake...which I do actually have, even if it is a dual plane manifold. Drill a hole through the center of the cooler and have an adapter made up that would attach with 4 bolts to the dominator flange on the cooler and taper down to like an air cleaner flange. Might look a little silly though. Come to think of it...I do have another innercooler that has a 4150 plate still...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am switching the green boat to EFI port injection and using 2 throttle bodies and staying drawthru.
This was a thought of mine as well...nice and clean install...but I would talk to a few people before you do it. My Uncle just did that to his boat and has been having some tuning issue with it. I am not sure how much of that has to do with the TUNER and how much has to do with the set up though.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
If I can suck coldass E-85 thru a couple of Holley's sucking air should be no problem! I think there is a Tuner issue.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Yeah, but the cooler bolts on with a carb pattern, You'd have to flip the POS over and they don't work so well like that:wink2:
Modifying the bottom of that intercooler to bolt to the carb like an air cleaner would be pretty simple. Hold it down with the stud , charge pipes would keep it from trying to rotate, have an o-ring were it meets the carb. That's how the EV-Pro hat is installed.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Look forward to the thread. What Holly's are you sucking through now?
They started life as Quik Fuel 950's that have been modified by Mark Sullens and now have Modified Holley metering blocks because Mark won't use QF Metering blocks.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Modifying the bottom of that intercooler to bolt to the carb like an air cleaner would be pretty simple. Hold it down with the stud , charge pipes would keep it from trying to rotate, have an o-ring were it meets the carb. That's how the EV-Pro hat is installed.
I was kind of joking about how you mount the cooler. However, as you know, there is a lot to be said about hat design and how its orientated on the carb can have some big effects on both flow, and equalization/distribution thru the carb venturi. Not too sure how well the air flows out of that cooler when bolted directly to the top of a carb. Little more critical than how the air flows thru a throttle body, specially if its a single throttle bore like many are.

I would be a little leary of dropping that cooler directly on top of a carb with out doing some pretty serious cylinder to cylinder AF readings.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 27 Posts