Performance Boats Forum banner

Good off the shelf cover for 21’ Sanger mini cruiser

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  capnfyr 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I need a good off the shelf cover for my 21’ Sanger v drive mini cruiser until I get all the things lined up to make sure I’ll do the build. I need to check things out first to make sure I’ll be able to finish the build $$ wise before I really start and don’t want to pay for a custom cover till I know more. I need it to last a year in sun and weather Fresno, ca. If the engine can be rebuilt affordablg versus spending 15-20 on just that I’ll be able to commit (I plan on taking it to a machine shop in the next few weeks. (My overall budget for the boat is about 20, might be impossible but I’m hoping to get lucky)

Once I know I’m committed I can put up a carport at my friends place and when the build is finished I’ll invest in a custom cover at the end.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. The blue tarps last about 4 weeks and it’s a pain getting a rectangle to fit snug enough.

Red

#3 ·
you can get those silver tarps from harbor freight. They are a good bit thicker and last a while, i've gotten a full season out of them. I will get a fresh one just as we get our first rains to ensure that the water proofing is at its best.

beyond that, spend a couple of bucks to build some WOOD structure into it to prop the cover and tarp up so it does not create a giant pool it'll save you a ton of headache. I know some guys have done pvc, but i've had it fail a ton of times.

#4 ·
I've bought a couple of the silver boat covers from Walmart. They are pretty descent and worked great on my 21" GN. Not a tow cover by any means but definitely a good outdoor or indoor cover. As stated earlier make sure that if you store it out in the weather to build some sort of tenting framework/structure underneath it to aid in shedding the water and prevent it from pooling on the cover. Good luck!!! Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.