Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Custom user title
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on getting a WII for my son for Xmas and bestbuy has them on sale right now for $199. Anyone know if this a good price or should I wait? Not up on the games so no idea if this is the norm or what or maybe it's on sale to clear the old model out for the new one coming to arrive prior to xmas.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
We were utterly unimpressed with the Wii. Ours has sat in a closet for almost a year, with very little use. Just an FYI

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
That's a pretty good price. My take on the WII is that it is great for younger kids, but if yours is over the age of 9 or 10, he/she might not be that enthused with it. The graphics aren't all the great, but the interactive part of it makes my 6 year-old pretty happy. If you have an older kid, I'd look at a PS3 or XBOX...

If you are gonna get one for x-mas, I'd jump on it now. It seems they always slow down production around the holidays to make them harder to get, thus more desirable. Game-Stop seems to generally have the best prices on them (sometimes even better than wal-mart) and they offer game bundles that can save a lot of $$$$.

my 2cents...:D

·
Custom user title
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HTMike might take you up on that. Do you still have the packaging? Santa usually puts stuff in boxes you know. My son will be 5 in Feb which is why I was looking at the Wii. Everyone I spoke to recommended that for younger kids. Some of my friends had bought video games for their kids of similar ages last year but I held off since he hadn't showed an interest in them yet. Now he is into playing games on the computer but is getting bored with them pretty quickly.

·
Registered
463 Posts
HTMike might take you up on that. Do you still have the packaging? Santa usually puts stuff in boxes you know. My son will be 5 in Feb which is why I was looking at the Wii. Everyone I spoke to recommended that for younger kids. Some of my friends had bought video games for their kids of similar ages last year but I held off since he hadn't showed an interest in them yet. Now he is into playing games on the computer but is getting bored with them pretty quickly.
Have Santa set it up so that when he comes out on X-mas, he can play it right away. Tell him that Santa had one of his elves set it up :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts