Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mobil home in Clearlake however it has been awhile since I have been on the lake in a boat. Well the last time I was on the lake, Willow Point was the place to go. I have recently bought a boat and would like any tips on nice places to go. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Russ

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a mobil home in Clearlake however it has been awhile since I have been on the lake in a boat. Well the last time I was on the lake, Willow Point was the place to go. I have recently bought a boat and would like any tips on nice places to go. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Russ
There a few good places, totally depends what you are looking for. Willow Point is no longer, there is a Mexican restaurant there but no docks. Across the lake in Lucerne, there is a great BBQ restaurant called the Boat House. They have live music and a couple pool tables. Lots of outside seating. Down in Lower Lake, there is Konocti always good for drinks. The food sucks. A bit further is Richmond Park. This is our favorite place. Great people and strong drinks. The owner’s are great people. In Soda bay there is a newer place called Water Colors. Really good food, upper end on price. In upper Lakeport almost upper lake, there is the Pit Stop, small dinner, greasy spoon.

Remember the lake turns really fast, and form the looks of it you have a small boat. I am talkign 5 foot chop. If that happens just wait it out, 30-45 minutes after sun set it lays down. No speed limit on the lake at night either. Be careful.

PM me if you need more information.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
clear lake

What do you mean will-o-point is no more. I too have a trailer in lakeport, northport resort. I spent all my childhood summers in willo point, was there last weekend, camping looks great there Again.

All spots referenced above are totally accurate, even water changes. Enjoy the lake whle we syill can, due to the water level.

Steve

·
Registered
173 Posts
What do you mean will-o-point is no more. I too have a trailer in lakeport, northport resort. I spent all my childhood summers in willo point, was there last weekend, camping looks great there Again.

All spots referenced above are totally accurate, even water changes. Enjoy the lake whle we syill can, due to the water level.

Steve
I meant no more as in the way we all use to know it. The small cotages, gas dock, jetski rental, etc. I think 2 years ago they finally reopened it to camping. Still cannot get inthe lagoon. I heard Marriot bought the property and is moving the trailers out something like 6 per year and they there is a big ole resort planned to be built. Not sure how accurate that is.

TNT's is pretty good, sevice sucks but the margaritas are good!

·
Registered
173 Posts
In soda bay there is also Zino's. It serves good italian food and the price is reasonable.
Never heard of Zino's. Where is it? The only comercial building in sada is Ferndales, I thought. I know of the resort to the left towards the homes...

·
Registered
17 Posts
It used to be the English Pub. It changed over to Zino's last year. It is a few doors down from ferndale and a about the same distance from edgewater on the other side. I store my boat farther around in soda bay between edgewater and soda bay inn.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have to chime in here, I ate at TNTs yesterday and the food was horrible, had been under a heat lamp for what looked like a day or so, same deal last time I ate there, when they are busy, stay away, otherwise above is correct decent margaritas and decent food mon-thurs

Hey Norcalcat- I thought the speed limit after dark was 15 mph? I know nobody abides by it but...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I meant no more as in the way we all use to know it. The small cotages, gas dock, jetski rental, etc. I think 2 years ago they finally reopened it to camping. Still cannot get inthe lagoon. I heard Marriot bought the property and is moving the trailers out something like 6 per year and they there is a big ole resort planned to be built. Not sure how accurate that is.

TNT's is pretty good, sevice sucks but the margaritas are good!
you are correct about the the extra amentities at willo point. I have had good, ok, and bad food there, and almost always shi**y service.

As far as the marriott, that has ben romored for almost as long as 20 years, may be true now, I dont know. I have talked a coupke times w/one of the guys running willo point, and they keep improving the park and yes getting rid of trailers, but I was under the impression to try to get rid of the rii raff.

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
977 Posts
clearlake

had the sanger out in clearlake today.i have lived hear for over 25 years and this is the nastyest the lake has been.there is green stuff so thick that i did not need to hold my boat while i went to get the truck.it just stayed where i left it.the north end of the lake is alot better.but i would still not swim or ski in it.the county is going to loose out on alot of money this year.if they dont do something about the water.the launch at redbud park "clearlake" is about 2ft thick with green sh*t out to the 5mph zone.it took 1hr to clean my boat and trailer after.hope it gets better but i dont think it will.:mad:

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have to chime in here, I ate at TNTs yesterday and the food was horrible, had been under a heat lamp for what looked like a day or so, same deal last time I ate there, when they are busy, stay away, otherwise above is correct decent margaritas and decent food mon-thurs

Hey Norcalcat- I thought the speed limit after dark was 15 mph? I know nobody abides by it but...
Ha, that does not surprise me at all.

For the soeed limit, Clearlake is one of the only lakes in California where there is no speedlimit. I ran side by side with at Boat Cop last 4th for about 3 miles at around 30 mph. Full moon!

All night long we hear them rip by. Odd enough, in the last 10 years there has only been 2 deaths. And one was an off duty cop drunk!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I remember the off duty cop, ran over a sailboat down by the park if i recall, heard rumors alcohol was involved but then no charges , i think

I'll be in Lakeport this weekend if anybody wants to stop by for a beer let me know, located kinda by pitstop thinkin about takin the boat across to Kinocti for the first time so if anybody is interested in that it would be nice to have a wingman with the new boat and all-

·
Registered
576 Posts
If you are looking for good mex food, head over to Finley to "Angels" aka Was known as "The Rock House" back in the day, best around.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sorry to hear it. Was out on the ski today by Lakeport. Water conditions/quality are still good over here. Aquantic plants along the shore are starting to surface early, thanks to the low water levels this year.

had the sanger out in clearlake today.i have lived hear for over 25 years and this is the nastyest the lake has been.there is green stuff so thick that i did not need to hold my boat while i went to get the truck.it just stayed where i left it.the north end of the lake is alot better.but i would still not swim or ski in it.the county is going to loose out on alot of money this year.if they dont do something about the water.the launch at redbud park "clearlake" is about 2ft thick with green sh*t out to the 5mph zone.it took 1hr to clean my boat and trailer after.hope it gets better but i dont think it will.:mad:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Have had them (patrols) pass me through the Narrows at/near midnight last year.

Ha, that does not surprise me at all.

For the soeed limit, Clearlake is one of the only lakes in California where there is no speedlimit. I ran side by side with at Boat Cop last 4th for about 3 miles at around 30 mph. Full moon!

All night long we hear them rip by. Odd enough, in the last 10 years there has only been 2 deaths. And one was an off duty cop drunk!

·
Mega user
1,215 Posts
We will be up for 4 or 5 days. Coming in on Thursday mid day. We are near the narrows. Keep an eye out for an all white 21' outboard. No name on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts