Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SLOW MEMBER
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the drags in Albert Lea, MN this past weekend and was visiting with a bunch of guys that were at the Jewell, IA event a couple of months earlier. I was surprised that nobody had heard the story about the lake. You cant make this stuff up.

So... Little wall lake is a small shallow lake, it is so green that you cannot see your hand if you put it in the water a foot deep. There was a landing at the park, with a pavilion/docks to the right, and a man made rock pier to the left for fishing. Just to the right of the pier was a buoy marking a "rock" which was just to the edge of the landing. We were all advised to stay away from said "rock", so we did.

Race went on and was a good time. About a month later I was in Des Moines, IA for a gas pump swap meet. One of the fellows that lives in Iowa came up to me and asked if I had heard about what happened at little wall lake. Of course I had not... here goes.

So this young boy is fishing off the pier and hooks onto something, feels pretty big. He gets it up and it is a leg from the knee down with a shoe on it. WOW. They call the authorities who put a dive team in the water and discover that the "rock" is a car. There was a man in the car missing one of his legs that had i suppose rotted off. The car was all dented up and smashed from boats bouncing off of it. He had been missing for like 5 years or something.

I have become a huge fan of the Iowa DNR. I can just see the phone call. "Hey I hit something by the landing that was not there yesterday". Dnr "Ok, we will take care of it and put a buoy there as it must be a rock" Even though it has NEVER been there before. What a bunch goofs, LOL.

·
Administrator
16,892 Posts
I bet the fishing was good right there at the rock with the natural bait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts