Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sporting Goods that is. Chicks sporting goods is closing out. Dicks sporting goods on the way in replacing them. You can't make this stuff up.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Dicks sporting goods is here in AZ and has good deals on ammo. I'd take them over Chicks any day.

The only time I ever bought anything from Chicks was during their 50% off parking lot sale in Yorba Linda.

Boy. You gotta be careful how you word this one...

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
It's been sold for a year or so, on the "sly"...Jim Chick came out with $60+Mil and basically F'd all his loyal employees...:|err

·
Registered
587 Posts
I just came back from Chicks. 50% off winter clothes. Pretty sure snowboards and boots are 40% off. I walked away with some new sunglass "10% off" and a couple hoodies.:)devil

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Should have just kept the name and called it Chicks with Dicks to attract a new clientèle. Chicks is a household name in So Cal. Seems stupid to change that imo regardless of ownership.

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
I still remember getting my first pair of Addidas soccer cleats when I was 5 from the Original Chicks on Foothill in Upland.
Good for Jim on cashing it out!! Business is business and it was his business not the employees business.

·
Islander Trailer Trash#23
1,520 Posts
Wow, I'm disappointed to hear this. Chicks is the only place I purchase sporting goods for my kids. They always have the best equipment and attire available. I hope Dick's does the same thing w/their inventory.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Went to the Yorba Linda store today. Very crowded and some good deals. Mostly 10% off. Didn't see anything that I had to have though.

·
Punk in Drublic
2,165 Posts
Always thought Chicks (Tustin) was high priced, but carried the best stuff (running shows, baseball equipment, sunglasses) all under one roof. Picked up a ping pong table for 10% off....:)hand

·
Islander Trailer Trash#23
1,520 Posts
Hey, does anyone know when the Chicks to Dicks transfer takes place? I just received a $50 gift card for Chicks!

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
I did one of my college papers on Chick's Sporting Goods. Jimmie was a cool guy to work with when getting all the information I needed.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Hey, does anyone know when the Chicks to Dicks transfer takes place? I just received a $50 gift card for Chicks!
No more Chicks, it's all Dicks now.:mad:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts