Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today at Irvine Lake Fran and Bill were the only testers.

Bill was having problems with his boat pulling to one side when accelerating. Gordy looked the boat over and gave Bill one of his super duper K boat props and said " This should fix the problem." So Bill put the prop on and launched his boat, pushed the boat forward and jumped in. When he fired it up the boat made a mad dash for the docks backwards. Fran jumped in the cold water with her new underware on and saved the boat from a sure crash. :)devil

Gordys next suggestion was " Ha, Bill try turning the motor around." :D

More Pic's later.

·
Registered
66 Posts
OOOoooo, that coulda been bad. Bet it'll be the stuff of stories for years to come!

·
Registered
672 Posts
I was running in the SS nationals 1970 and one of the SS boys changed props. He started it up and backed up and ran under the dock, put the wrong rotation on. One less competitor.

·
Fastest member
529 Posts
reverse

Today at Irvine Lake Fran and Bill were the only testers.

Bill was having problems with his boat pulling to one side when accelerating. Gordy looked the boat over and gave Bill one of his super duper K boat props and said " This should fix the problem." So Bill put the prop on and launched his boat, pushed the boat forward and jumped in. When he fired it up the boat made a mad dash for the docks backwards. Fran jumped in the cold water with her new underware on and saved the boat from a sure crash. :)devil

Gordys next suggestion was " Ha, Bill try turning the motor around." :D

More Pic's later.
thats the first biesmeyer i've seen with reverse.:)sphss

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I find this shocking. Not Gordy :)sphss:)grn

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Key words.....

Seems like the key words here are "K BOAT PROP"........ Owner should have said something like, "Thanks, but my motor is in funny and turns the wrong way to use a K boat prop".......Just saying, Ray

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
Well - He had to prove a point ......... " I told Sharp shooter i would run circles around him , ..... backwards !:D" sometimes you just have to put your money where your mouth is lol .....

Just turn the seat around - maker a Kracker ... :D

·
Break Out Another Thousnd
2,040 Posts
Nice save Fran!

·
Boat Test GURU
516 Posts
Yes boys the King was in rare form. It was not Bill that installed the prop but Gory himself. Gordy was quick to change the prop until it went into reverse and then he walked away and let Bill remove it. Thanks to Fran and Liz that jumped into the water to save the boat from hitting the dock while the King ran on the dock making sure he didn't get wet.

All is well even with Gordy's face as red as a fire bottle. He hated that the camera was there to catch is mistake. He did mention about the guy having reverse!!!! Not sure where he was going with that comment?

So the next time you want to run a propeller that Gordy picks for you, check the direction you want the bow to go and let him know!!!!

Ah the internet is a wonderful tool!!

JW

·
Registered
823 Posts
HAs to be the only Biesemeyer with the motor in bqckward i know of.. Why would the motor be in backwards in the first place.I think this belongs to the ownwer, builder of the boat. Not a good guy offering trick part s to try. D J .. I love your photos though

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
Maybe a label on the back of the boat would help Gordy with future prop selection.

Something like "Caution, Flywheel driven boat. Left hand prop required for proper drive direction." Just something basic to avoid confusion in the panic scenario of a quick prop change at the test lake. Maybe yellow with black lines like you'd see on and edison truck warning label.

Then maybe someone can mark all his props for him with an L or and R. Should solve future issues. While they're at it maybe go to the shop and mark all the connecting rods with an F on the front along with engine brand name...

:)LegHump

·
Registered
823 Posts
Maybe a label on the back of the boat would help Gordy with future prop selection.

Something like "Caution, Flywheel driven boat. Left hand prop required for proper drive direction." Just something basic to avoid confusion in the panic scenario of a quick prop change at the test lake. Maybe yellow with black lines like you'd see on and edison truck warning label.

Then maybe someone can mark all his props for him with an L or and R. Should solve future issues. While they're at it maybe go to the shop and mark all the connecting rods with an F on the front along with engine brand name...

:)LegHump
Yeah or how about. " Gordon, All my shit spins to the left , 1 of a kind. do you have a left hand prop?."

1 - 20 of 30 Posts