when i got my old project a couple years ago, turn the blower on, and you could hear that old motor run and run. nothing else worked except the engine. then, some months later, i was re routing wire, re -wiring a lot of the transom, so decided to remove it just to get it out of the way while i cleaned things up.I'm pretty sure the pump is in good shape. It turns freely by hand and is nice and quiet and smooth. There is about 50' of ski rope I need to cut out of it. It'll take bar stools to see over that tall ass dash. sphss
I did make a little more progress today. I believe I got all the wiring gremlins straightened out. Basically all I had to do is rip out all the additions to the original wiring and then re-terminate about 7 wires from the original harness. All the electrical seems to be working correctly now with the exception of the blower. I didn't finish testing that circuit but I'm betting it needs a new blower motor. Even the hydraulic diverter works correctly after I added a little bit of fluid. I also got all the water lines replaced.
I still need to change the oil, wire the trailer and replace the fuel lines. Then it is off to the lake for the first float test. I don't think I will make it tomorrow, my regular job will be getting in the way but, It should be no problem to finish these last few things before Sunday. I had hoped to get more done today but it started raining. Man do we need the rain down here so I'm not complaining.
the funny thing was, while that motor was spinning, it wasn't moving any air because the metal fan had completely eroded away (blower won't blow much with no fan)... looked all over around here, couldn't find a replacement, everybody says those old things were terrible. ended up replacing it with a plastic deal i picked up down at westmarine that's quieter, but it sure moves a lot of air.
also, great you got the engine running! but be careful running it without water; those exhaust hoses can get really hot really fast, and then fail at an inoportune time.