Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just kidding. Heres the real one. Its my friend pauls boat. 81 Miller 21ft mini day. 454 and a panther. Im hoping to have a thread like 78nordics where we document the build hopefully as well as he did. It needs a TON of work but its mostly there. It looks like it needs stringers but i wont know till i get the carpet up. Many pics to come and the teardown starts tomaro. He got the boat from a tweeker(obviously) so we got our work cutout for us. What would you guys say this thing is or could be worth in nice shape? All opinions are always apreciated but if its a negative opinion you can go kick rocks. Heres the pics from today

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Notice the flex stovepipe exhaust tubing

Lots more to come tomaro

·
Banned
1,517 Posts
The ski rope and breathers and battery all match -same color, cool!:D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anybody have any info on these hull's? ive been looking but i cant find another miller 21' Does anybody on the boards have one?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've tried calling miller a few times but no response. I'm pulling the motor this week so we can gut it and do a major clean up and polish everything. We picked up new carpet and seat foam today and new seat frames are on the agenda aswell.

·
Cheers for beers!
609 Posts
What up Josh. If you guys need a hand workin on that thing gimme a call. I will be more than happy to come down and give you guys a hand. Thanx again for welding up my trailer:D

·
Registered
200 Posts
miller

jim miller is a good guy and talked to him a couple of times when i had a miller and he will tell you anything you want to know. if you cant get hold of him call tom at jet boat performance ...he got alot of knowlegde with miller boats.

I've tried calling miller a few times but no response. I'm pulling the motor this week so we can gut it and do a major clean up and polish everything. We picked up new carpet and seat foam today and new seat frames are on the agenda aswell.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Just kidding. Heres the real one. Its my friend pauls boat. 81 Miller 21ft mini day. 454 and a panther. Im hoping to have a thread like 78nordics where we document the build hopefully as well as he did. It needs a TON of work but its mostly there. It looks like it needs stringers but i wont know till i get the carpet up. Many pics to come and the teardown starts tomaro. He got the boat from a tweeker(obviously) so we got our work cutout for us. What would you guys say this thing is or could be worth in nice shape? All opinions are always apreciated but if its a negative opinion you can go kick rocks. Heres the pics from today

I dont think thats a panther pump... the whole setup just looks wrong to be a panther lol... looks like a great project though.. need some help pullin the motor lemme know.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Call Tom at Jet boat performance, he has some experience with these boats. Miller makes a very quality product. I have an 19 foot miller and love it.

~Brian

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
nice looking boat~ the lift kit on the trailer isn't bad either . lol looks alot like mine when i got it.should make for a nice ride

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What up Josh. If you guys need a hand workin on that thing gimme a call. I will be more than happy to come down and give you guys a hand. Thanx again for welding up my trailer:D
Whats up dude, I cant find your number but next time your near sacramento i welded up an 11" brace for your trailer so we can cut the temp one off and fix it up good and paint it. My neighbor has a pond that he runs a lil peddle boat around in and he said we could launch your boat in it while we work on the trailer.

The boat looks like it will be alot of fun and alot of work. My buddy that owns it is going thru some really bad shiat right now so were gunna get it ready to roll and probably sell it and the suburban that he tows it with. Im heading to the fabric store this morning to get some material for the seats and the new foam then it will be time for some serious tear out.

·
"It's HONDO, honey"
1,724 Posts
Millers are strong runnin boats. Good luck with the pro ject :D:)hand

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the feedback guys. Im really stoked on it. Me and Paul(the boats owner) have been close for about 8 years and in the last 3 years kids and all the stuff that goes with being responsible kinda took presidence so im reall most excited about hanging out with him like we used to before.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was cleaning all the junk outta the boat and i saw this. The light spots all have daylight coming through. Is this a bad patch job or is it nuthing to worry about?

·
Cheers for beers!
609 Posts
Whats up dude, I cant find your number but next time your near sacramento i welded up an 11" brace for your trailer so we can cut the temp one off and fix it up good and paint it. My neighbor has a pond that he runs a lil peddle boat around in and he said we could launch your boat in it while we work on the trailer.

The boat looks like it will be alot of fun and alot of work. My buddy that owns it is going thru some really bad shiat right now so were gunna get it ready to roll and probably sell it and the suburban that he tows it with. Im heading to the fabric store this morning to get some material for the seats and the new foam then it will be time for some serious tear out.

Cool deal, just let me know whenever you have some time to weld it up. Here is my # 909-609-9950

Daniel

1 - 20 of 41 Posts