Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got caught doing 85 in a 70 on I-8 headed west just past the Border Patrol Checkpoint near Pine Valley CA. No argument, I was speeding. Problem is I have not received any notification other than the ticket the CHP cop wrote me. I have called the El Cajon courthouse and they said the cop had a year to file it. My court date on the ticket is 2 November and I live in AZ. I was hoping for traffic school since I haven't been cited in 9 years. Shouldn't the court send me something before the court date or do I just show up and beg for traffic school or pay the fine? I thought most tickets were handled via mail and computers. Anyone have a clue? Could it be because i am out of state? Thanks

·
Canatard
3,341 Posts
That wasn't a cop. You were pulled over by a **** with a uniform fetish who thinks you're hot. Didn't you notice his unmarked patrol car was a Plymouth Prowler with the top down and Matt Monro blaring from the stereo?

I'm surprised you didn't notice the court house address on the ticket is in a residential neighborhood of Guerneville.

·
MEDIUM PIMPIN!!!
1,494 Posts
You need to call the courthouse and extend the date then show up.............or show up on the date ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Tom Brown for all your help. I am sure the cop was a member of the Village People. That being said, what I need to know from Calif peeps is what is the routine when you get a ticket. When I used to live there, they would send you a notice of ticket cost (on the record and Insurance goes up) or give you the traffic school option. Waht I am asking is, "Do they still send you notification in the mail?" If not, I will show up on the court date and deal with it. Fortunately, it's been a long time since I received a ticket in Ca and I was not sure how it was handled. My wife called CHP HQ in Sacramento and they told her the ticket should be in the system and I should be notified. Anyone on here have any recent "ticket experience?" I hate to drive to CA just to be told I can go to traffic school.

·
Canatard
3,341 Posts
Hooli and I are there for you, bro.

If you got that ticket up here, you would be able to call an information hotline, cite the ticket number, and they would explain how they can't reveal any information over the phone and how you have to show up in court. :D

I hope a LEO or experienced speeder shows up to help you out, duck660.

In the mean time, Hooli and I are only too happy to make asses of ourselves to attract attention to your thread. With a little coaxing, perhaps we can get Hooli to break out the HOSS cam.

·
Passin Glass
2,825 Posts
Ok on a serious note. If your out of state and do not reply to the ticket within 10 business days with your acknowledgment to the ticket and that you will show up for court, they automatically put a bench warrant out for you and your fine doubles. Turn yourself in immediately to the first cop you see.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
It's all part of the dealio to raise cash - They send the notification out a day or two before you have to appear, so you feel the strain and pay up quickly....

I don't know the real reason for certain, but that makes sense, and that's the experience I've had over the last few years - not just speeding tickets, but those pesky "out of state registration" tickets as well.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
It's been years since I've gotten a ticket but you do get the fine in the mail. You can pay it or if you are eligible for traffic school then pay the fine plus the traffic school fee and on and on. You would only need to go to court to plead not guilty or ask for a fine reduction. With that being said though it can vary from courthouse to courthouse. Even though you got written by the CHP the ticket is eventually handled by the courthouse in that jurisdiction.

·
Passin Glass
2,825 Posts
I'm pretty sure if he calls the RCMP, they can clear this whole thing up for him.
I already called for him.. I was eating a Pb and J sandwich at the time but I think i got most of the info through to them. No need to thank me yet...lets see if they come and visit!

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
They will usually send you a notice in the mail with the amount due. Thats "usual". If I were you, I would call the court and explain the situation, that you have received anything in the mail and see what they say.

Also, you can get an extension to pay the ticket and then request traffic school. You can do the traffic school online.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Some cities dont send out a notice.As they call it a courtesy notice.i got one in glamis by sheriifs and no notice i called the court tand they said they dont send them out and not required to do so.

they already had the info and gave me the amount i had to pay

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To all of you kind enough to provide coherent feedback, thank you very much. I will continue to seek the help of the Calif judicial system in clearing my name from their roles. It would have been alot easier if I crossed the border illegally.

·
Passin Glass
2,825 Posts
To all of you kind enough to provide coherent feedback, thank you very much. I will continue to seek the help of the Calif judicial system in clearing my name from their roles. It would have been alot easier if I crossed the border illegally.
I still say call the RCMP as brown suggested !

1 - 20 of 39 Posts