Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks like a good time ! any restrictions on noise or cf numbers ? id like to bring my gn up
CF# are a must. I am not sure about noise levels. vdrivedenis will know that better than I. Baffles are good to bring, zoomies, well????????????// I have seen them ran, but I wouldn't recomend it,though I love the sound of a heealthy engine, i can speek for the rangers.:)devil

·
Antique Member
906 Posts
Proof positive

:)hand:)hand:)handAny one going to this?????
Mike is proof positive that you can take a devoute Jet boat driver and screw him up for life by putting him behind the wheel of a flat!! Mike drove the Hondo a few months ago, and I hate to say it, but another true Jet boat driver is now very unhappy with his ride.:D:D:D
I will report on the Lake level soon, but the worst case scenario is that the outing will be moved to South Shore.
Denis

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mike is proof positive that you can take a devoute Jet boat driver and screw him up for life by putting him behind the wheel of a flat!! Mike drove the Hondo a few months ago, and I hate to say it, but another true Jet boat driver is now very unhappy with his ride.:D:D:D
I will report on the Lake level soon, but the worst case scenario is that the outing will be moved to South Shore.
Denis

Yes, I am just now starting to look at my 18' Bahner, jet boat!! That ride/drive happened in June. So all summer I avoided my own boat as much as posible.
Looking forward to running my boat again. I think I won't be too bumbed, I will be enjoying the lake and all that attened!!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys,(gals), So I have gotten a few replies back about the 18-20 of Sept. Is that just a bad time? So far I have recieved 1 confermation, I think it was from 82runner. Anyone else want to show up? vdrive jet, doesn't matter!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
sounds reallly fun but its the same weekend as the san diego bayfair race. keep me posted on the next one and im in for sure

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sounds reallly fun but its the same weekend as the san diego bayfair race. keep me posted on the next one and im in for sure

I just found that out from one of the outboard guys. I went to the IHBA web page, look up the dates. damn the bad timing!!!! I dont think we are planning another trip at this time. I am hoping to sqeeze in one more, but I am not sure if that will be possible. I will post the next event as well. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Antique Member
906 Posts
North Shore/South Shore Potatoes/Potatos??

Date has changed to Sept. 25-27. Any one going to go know?
Please follow the information I posted in the Jet section on Lake Level and Camping North or South Shore so I don't have to write it all up again!!
Thanks,
Denis

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Please follow the information I posted in the Jet section on Lake Level and Camping North or South Shore so I don't have to write it all up again!!
Thanks,
Denis
Info Denis posted from the jet boat thread,

"Mike, Glad the dates are changed, Heidi an I can show now. I went and checked out the Lake yesterday, and talked to Donnie a little while ago. If the Lake continues to drop at its current rate, we both feel South Shore will be the best option. What most people don't realize is that the Lake does not continue to decline with the angle of the surrounding hills into a valley-it is flat on the bottom. I mounted a video camera on my plane in 93' when it was almost dry and documentated the configuration of the bottom. The Rangers tell us that they expected an El Nino winter, and they need to drop the water level to be safe. I personally would not run a propeller West of the North Shore ramp right now. South Shore/Dunes area is still great water to play in, and both ramps on South Shore are still into the water. I will talk to Brian and Rob of the Vdrive Club, and continue to moniter the ramp access and water level. I have left a message with one of the dock workers on South Shore to call me back with better info, so I will post what he has to say when he calls me back. LET ME REITERATE-THERE IS PLENTY OF WATER-we may just need to go to South Shore to get it.
Denis "

Thats not a bad Idea! Still leaves lots of room for fun.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am down for the 25th-27th. The hydro needs some work that isn't going to get done in time; if I show up with an I/O and bum rides in the real boats would I be too much of a laughing stock?
I won't. You have a boat, it floats, runs. Besides, we need a few cruisers. Not every one can fit in the others it thers a cove run!!!
Hydro!!! Thats sweet. Got a pic?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts