Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and shit looking at some of those old threads that are bumped over at HB. It used to be so much fun and it will never be the same. regardless of what that TB fellow says. It won't.................

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
and shit looking at some of those old threads that are bumped over at HB. It used to be so much fun and it will never be the same. regardless of what that TB fellow says. It won't.................

It was almost cutting edge,a forum that you come in and discuss so many different topics,make new friends learn different opinions. No it will never be the same. I had to laugh when reading Tom Browns great outlook and posts and he has lost interest.:(

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Why?

They can put every thread we write with the word **** in it in the gray water storage section. So..... Gray water becomes the sandbar.

No reason for things to change. They only change if we allow them too.

What happened to Tom the bulldog.. Fighting with people about shitty boats sold and ready to kick some fucking ass? What happened to that guy.

What happened to Phat Matt the man with his hotty wife Goldilocks... Started out with a commander and ended up with a sweet ass E-Ticket. Matt.. You need to post some pics of Goldi and get the crowds riled up.

Tom.. You're retired pretty much so you should be stirring shit on these boards like no other. Matt however just got into a new business of his own and the economy sucks so I can only imagine how busy he is..

Wheres Topless taking pictures or herself Topless but holding a sign over her boobs?

I think this forum needs a little JetBoatRich.. Why didnt Rich ever come over here? He was always good for getting a post or 10,000 in.

RD got a woman.. And a Forum of his own... Doesnt mean he cant come over here and get into an argument with Boatcop.

At the end of the day these forums only change if you allow them to change.

As the guy formerly known as Boozer I say this... I might be doing things differently, but I'm still the same jerk off I was on hotboat and more then happy to get into some heated debates with any one of you.

Wheres Notalent to tell us to about his almost DUI? That should be good for some convo :)

If I were still single I'd go **** a bunch of tramps and give you a ratso style report. Unfortunately for you I'm on my first marriage (hopefully only marriage). However I'm emabrking on a whole new adventure that I'd love to share with you all so long as you don't get all judgemental on my ass.

·
Uber Caffeinated
1,090 Posts
I got a little teary-eyed myself but I'm a well known sap so I sort of dismissed my reaction ... nice to know for once it's not just me.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got a little teary-eyed myself but I'm a well known sap so I sort of dismissed my reaction ... nice to know for once it's not just me.
It was just different over there for whatever reason. The get togethers and parties were awfully fun and people had for the most part great attitudes about it all. Then the one upmanship thing crept in and it seemed to get more and more bizarre.

There was always a new guy/gal that would come in and be that shooting star and then they would burn out and drop from the forums. It was all so predictable.....

Of course the economy was doing great back then and new boats were arriving every week for somebody.

Oh well............

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think my favorite thread was "Frenchie and the dog". There were some hilarious chops in that thing. Anyone remember when it started barking? hil:)
That happened at one of the Dam Runs at Mohave. I was there with my GF at the time and we left before whatever happened...happened. Glad we took off before the "incident"....lol That was that one upmanship kind of thing that was going on. You know...."You think that was crazy....watch this......."

·
Uber Caffeinated
1,090 Posts
It was just different over there for whatever reason. The get togethers and parties were awfully fun and people had for the most part great attitudes about it all. Then the one upmanship thing crept in and it seemed to get more and more bizarre.

There was always a new guy/gal that would come in and be that shooting star and then they would burn out and drop from the forums. It was all so predictable.....

Of course the economy was doing great back then and new boats were arriving every week for somebody.

Oh well............
With just a few exceptions I always felt like most were there to try to improve each other's day (or at least amuse each other) - not make it worse. There was an openness and friendliness that's been damaged - everyone seems significantly more guarded now. As you say, oh well, once things change you can't rewind just gotta go forward and hope for better times ahead. I miss how it used to feel over there but I know it'll never happen again - I've changed too and I think not for the better. :(

·
Registered
572 Posts
I've tried to explain about the way Hot Boat forums used to be and I don't think people
understand what I'm talking about. There was alot more passion regarding the boats back then and people were looking for info and friends or a shoulder to cry on or whatever and they found it.

There was a sense of brotherhood on there that seemed unbreakable back then. People
that I never met invited me to their homes for dinner while at the LA boat show. I had
people come to my home to spend a weekend that I had never met because there were
no hotel rooms and I remember one year having people over for Thanksgiving that I had
never met except on the boards.

The funny guys like Tom Brown, Hooligan, Boozer, fmluvs whatever it was, Jordy, River Dave, dick danger, rio, Ziggy and others were better than the comedians on TV and it was good natured fun.

Funner times too. Everyone was having fun, many were buying their first hot rod type
boat and it was exciting to see people having fun, going fast, some competed to see
how many drives they could tear up, others the big number on the dyno. Maybe we're
simply used to it now? Maybe we're all spoiled? I remember going to watch a Powerboat
test day in Parker and a Hot Boat test day with Pops at the helm at the Nautical. These
guys were bigger than life to me, I'd read about them all my days and with the V drive club
in Parker and Billy B walked up to me like I was his best friend! What a thrill for me.

Those days will never be forgotten, and then I sell a 28' Nordic to this cute little kid that wants to start up his own website and a few months later, RRX was born, shocked me to death and OSO got big and popular and then River Daves Place etc and so on. I could get
on in the am and spend an hour and then at lunch and then after work and that was just to keep up. Sure did meet alot of cool people too! Hope the good times return, good
economy,etc. Now I sound like my grandfather!

Keith Sayre
Nordic boats

1 - 20 of 43 Posts