Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think the answer is yes but is there any reason why i cant put the new bellhousing on a bandsaw and cut out that relief like is on the old one? it is rubbing on the E pump and is cauing me some real friggin headaches.

Oh.. and any suggestions on how to mount an alternator on the front of a SBC with out using a front engine mount in a normal 4 point set up?

the pump area.

this is the front mount that i broke the hell out of today.. i want to go back to a normal 3 point setup but i need to figure out how to mount the alt.

thanks...

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Sean I guess I lost sight of the fact that you have a combination of 3 point and 4 point mounts , you may want to think about re mounting the front in the traditonal (block side setup) The "span" between the 4 point front and 3 point rear is great and is ripe for breakage IMO Tom
check your PMs ! Tom

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sean I guess I lost sight of the fact that you have a combination of 3 point and 4 point mounts , you may want to think about re mounting the front in the traditonal (block side setup) The "span" between the 4 point front and 3 point rear is great and is ripe for breakage IMO Tom
check your PMs ! Tom

that was my thought as well.. i think i need to move it back to a tradition three point all the way around and move the alternator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts