·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My winter project is done :wink2:

538652_3963920067681_1833860078_n.jpg

734087_4106399469577_285363462_n.jpg

Pump got some love too. THX Tony Skagen for the Inducer
Special Thanks to Brian Bergeron of Bergeron Engineering. Brian cut the shaft replaced the bearing and got it to me in just an hour. Great Local service!
182320_3835211370044_685091529_n.jpg

302815_3835211610050_1345014039_n.jpg

The end result of all of this,
223538_4237473546347_989105134_n.jpg

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Sounds nice, looks nice too! So, maybe I missed it, but what happened to the motor? I know you've had it apart a couple times, did you exercise the Gremlins? :|err

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sheared the 3 cam gear bolts last July 3rd. I imagine the 3 bolts were over torqued. Gen 5 and 6 do not offer a cam bolt retention plate. I made one for this build. Bent the tabs against the bolts and added red loctight too. A bit of overkill. When this happened it took out 1 valve stem and of coarse the main bearings and cam bearings too. I replaced all the bearings, rods too. Had the crank inspected & ground down a bit along with the caps being repaired and then line honed. Just in case. Picked up a tad bit more aggressive cam. Added the HM inducer. Dam it pulls hard. and that's what I was trying to get back. I may not go fast but the boat pulls you back into the buckets hard! Plains instantly. The boats fun to drive again.

I had to wait on the stud girdle bolts. But finally got it all back together. I just ordered an MSD starter saver. I'm locked out at 30° The boats is hard to start. I'm hoping the MSD part will work. Other than that My winter refurbish is done.

I believe 460 picked up your inducer right? He may be installing it in a few weeks.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I sheared the 3 cam gear bolts last July 3rd. I imagine the 3 bolts were over torqued. Gen 5 and 6 do not offer a cam bolt retention plate. I made one for this build. Bent the tabs against the bolts and added red loctight too. A bit of overkill. When this happened it took out 1 valve stem and of coarse the main bearings and cam bearings too. I replaced all the bearings, rods too. Had the crank inspected & ground down a bit along with the caps being repaired and then line honed. Just in case. Picked up a tad bit more aggressive cam. Added the HM inducer. Dam it pulls hard. and that's what I was trying to get back. I may not go fast but the boat pulls you back into the buckets hard! Plains instantly. The boats fun to drive again.

I had to wait on the stud girdle bolts. But finally got it all back together. I just ordered an MSD starter saver. I'm locked out at 30° The boats is hard to start. I'm hoping the MSD part will work. Other than that My winter refurbish is done.

I believe 460 picked up your inducer right? He may be installing it in a few weeks.
So good Cave! One of these years Ill be out there with ya!!:)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts

No, not me. We talked a little about inducers when you were looking at buying one. Glad to hear alls good now. Funny, my motor is locked @ 30* also with a mini starter and so far it cranks like a champ. But my battery cable is less than 3' to the starter, and my wiring is as short as possible.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine used to start up fine too. Maybe the new cam is making it an issue. I pondered adding a Ford relay. Maybe not. :D we'll see how it goes.

Feels good to be driving a boat again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts