Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fabbed up the transom adapter plates yesturday. Had my dad and even my little guy helpin out! He's always wanting to help do things so papa let him grind on my plate alittle :)

Box so i can remove hand hole cover.

Jigsaw, hand files, sanding wheels, belt sander...

Mock Up one

Mock up two.

Took the plate to a welder today, should have it back tomorrow morning. Now i just need to fab up the smaller plates that will press right up against the pump.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
i like it:)devil:)devil:)devil:)devil:)devil:)devil:)grn:)grn:)grn:)grn:)grngood job

·
Administrator
16,875 Posts
:D :D :D :D cool

·
Engine junkie
142 Posts
That's awesome, lot of fun with the little ones as helpers.
Had the my little guy in the boat with me yesterday installing a new hatch lift, he was my button pusher.:D
Nice job on the plate, looks good!

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
You'll be glad when it comes time to clear the impeller. I used mine twice already. Once just last weekend. Picked up a little piece of wood and it was cavitating like a big dog. Pulled the cover reached in and found the lil bastard, plucked it out and went on my way. Nice........

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I personally can't get enough of the little guys helping out. If you start them early enough, they will have the confidence and experience to dive in deeper than you might ever imagine. Here's my little guy and my grand-little guy building a new circle hull from scratch. It hit the water running last year at this time.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Nice job. Thats how kids grow up cool. Doing stuff with dad.
I used to love to get in my dads way, was the only time we ever spent time together. I spent countless hours running him wrenches and learning some great new words that got me in alot of trouble at school

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
I used to love to get in my dads way, was the only time we ever spent time together. I spent countless hours running him wrenches and learning some great new words that got me in alot of trouble at school
Not to mention throwing the tools! I learned if you cuss and throw tools, it makes you feel better....:)devil

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
I personally can't get enough of the little guys helping out. If you start them early enough, they will have the confidence and experience to dive in deeper than you might ever imagine. Here's my little guy and my grand-little guy building a new circle hull from scratch. It hit the water running last year at this time.

Whoah, wait a minute, who's turbo chevy sprint in the background. I'd love to have one of those..and i'm serious! LOL is it the three cylinder w/digital dash? (sorry to thread jack)

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Whoah, wait a minute, who's turbo chevy sprint in the background. I'd love to have one of those..and i'm serious! LOL is it the three cylinder w/digital dash? (sorry to thread jack)
My oldest son, Buzzz found that after years of looking. You could sooner get his left (we'll say leg for the sake of cleanliness) than to get this fine unit out of his possession.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thats awsome! The most important thing in a childs life thats free. Time.I will try to put up some pic....might have to re-size.
Ok it worked! Thats my son going for a put with Andy Mcmillin in his Robby Gordon Trophy truck, my little man helping tune a buddys shocks and a couple of pics of me taking the time to autograph the kids! I race the Baja1000....Oh and yes I painted my deal like "Shake-N_Bake!" Note the driving suit. I always take time for the kids...Darren:)devil

1 - 20 of 34 Posts