Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dam that was great, how fast was he runnin?
I guess about 105. Saw the video and thought I'd post it.. Cool Stuff. Sounds like he has it propped just right as you can hear the motor is loaded and winding up..

With my Old inlines the rpm's come up almost instantly and I have to wait for the slip to go away..Maybe a Twins thing?

Jeff

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
They can run prety darn good. Heres one tangling with a blown Daytona

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
they ain't all that fast, fully interiored/carpeted floor jetboat vs a race stv:D

Attachments

·
two strokes is enough
2,042 Posts
well the STVs are actually damn fast and they will run with some fast jets thats for sure. the one posted above just seems to be one of the slower ones ive seen check outt he link i put up of the 147mph one and some of the other that arent as fast as that but are damn quick. they run real good and get to spped pretty damn fast too

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
well the STVs are actually damn fast and they will run with some fast jets thats for sure. the one posted above just seems to be one of the slower ones ive seen check outt he link i put up of the 147mph one and some of the other that arent as fast as that but are damn quick. they run real good and get to spped pretty damn fast too
This STV had a 150 hp powerhead. The CP is one sweet hull and will take care of business when called upon.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
that was the finish , but here's the whole sequence(was only 3pics taken of that race) for you outboard whiners:D felt sorry for the dude and let him start 30ft from behind me and get beside me before i ever took off:)devil if ya want , i can dig up my uncle's tx20 putting it to his ass with me driving, after i outran him in my gullwing he didn't wanna race from a even start, so i jumped into my uncle's tx20, changed jackets to another color, took off my hat and lined right up with him again and smokkkkkkkkeeeedd ddddatttt asss again with a blown 540

Attachments

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
that was the finish , but here's the whole sequence(was only 3pics taken of that race) for you outboard whiners:D felt sorry for the dude and let him start 30ft from behind me and get beside me before i ever took off:)devil if ya want , i can dig up my uncle's tx20 putting it to his ass with me driving, after i outran him in my gullwing he didn't wanna race from a even start, so i jumped into my uncle's tx20, changed jackets to another color, took off my hat and lined right up with him again and smokkkkkkkkeeeedd ddddatttt asss again with a blown 540
Much respect patient1 much respect

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
i'm catchin a hint of sarcasism(sp?) in that:D
No sarcasm whatsoever. Just given credit where credit is due in all sincerity.
Gullwings are badass boats.

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
did you mean to put the 150hp powerhead? thats a baby motor you should have ran your boats against a stv with a 260 on it and see how it does
and the 150hp wasn't even a MERCURY!!!

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
How many cubes and how much HP is that 153cu in/260hp engine giving up to the blown BB in basically the same size boat? Really need a math professor to figure this stuff out? LOL

1 - 20 of 48 Posts