Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Mount them under the dash board, they must remain pointed up for the best signal reception. If your hull is carbon fiber reinforced, this will weaken the signal going thru the hull. Try a few different areas, to find the best suited location, there is no need to mount them on the top of the deck.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Mount them under the dash board, they must remain pointed up for the best signal reception. If your hull is carbon fiber reinforced, this will weaken the signal going thru the hull. Try a few different areas, to find the best suited location, there is no need to mount them on the top of the deck.
Like all of us have carbon fiber hulls. LMAO!! :D hil:) hil:) hil:) Reality

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
My boat has a bulkhead up front. I took a sheet of 1/8" aluminum sheet, put two 45* bends in it, then welded a piece of 3/16" flat bar and welded it on the angle for support. Bolted that to the bulkhead and black RTV'd the antennas to the top, facing up.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
My boat has a bulkhead up front. I took a sheet of 1/8" aluminum sheet, put two 45* bends in it, then welded a piece of 3/16" flat bar and welded it on the angle for support. Bolted that to the bulkhead and black RTV'd the antennas to the top, facing up.

total over kill. good man:)devil
mine is velcroed up side down under the dash:)sphss

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.