Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are working on a series of articles centering around the greatest names in drag boat history. Would really appreciate a list of names from our members ranging from the 60s until current. Please provide driver, class that he drove and the name/s of the boat.

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
We are working on a series of articles centering around the greatest names in drag boat history. Would really appreciate a list of names from our members ranging from the 60s until current. Please provide driver, class that he drove and the name/s of the boat.

Greg Shoemaker

·
Registered
709 Posts
Al Bush (L.A. Co. F.D.) BFF, Crazy Horse (Hondo) 70's & 80's :)devil:)devil

Anyone can pedal a bicycle, can you pedal a flat?????

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Eddie Hill, Top Fuel Hydro, went on to run the asphalt in Top Fuel Dragster for many years.

The Texan was the boat. He is a member here. Screename is Fourfather, Held the record for along time at 229 and change.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a funny story about that involving Shoemaker and a couple of our models. But hey what stays in Florida, stays in Florida. Right Greg? ;);)

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Ron Braaksma, Top Fuel Hydro, Madness

He is a member here also.. R.B.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Chuck Noriega, Blown Gas Flat, Quickdraw

Chuck owns a tire shop in Monrovia, I get all my tires from him.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Name

Brad hagberg , i run a 8.0 and a pro mod , but i am almost done with my 9 second deal which will be lake friendly ! I named it " bOOby trap "

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Larry Schwabenland, Sanger Factory Pilot, BFF Jokers Wild, BFH Climax

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Raymond Caselli, BFF 007, Panic Mouse

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Ray Cassalli, Panic Mouse BFF

·
Starfire Member
383 Posts
Dave Brumpton - Night Train BFH...Northwest legend who is still alive.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
One of my favorites was Dennis Pollacia. Drove for 3 factory blown fuel hydro teams during his career.
1. Howard boats entry " Out-a-Sight
2. Hondos " After Shock "
3. Sangers " Climax "

Always a crowd pleaser. Especially when they fired and drove to the rope. Always wore the helmet with the two round air filters on the front. Badd Ass.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Dave Nolte was another. Drove his own alcohol hydro called " Ass Bite ".
Later drove the fuel hydro for Paul Allen called " Liberty " which I had the pleasure to paint. Dave lost his life doing what he loved @ Chowchilla in I believe 1986.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Dexter Tuttle & the " Nitro Express ". Boat held the record for quite awhile @ 223 and chsnge.

Brad Tuttle driving the " Nitro Bandit "

Both brothers are still involved in drag racing but on asphalt. Dexter owns a TFD and Brad is a crew member.

1 - 20 of 248 Posts