Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of taking sandwiches to the lake and jealous of all those pontoon boaters enjoying a grill with some nice grub.

Anyone have one of these on their performance boat?
http://www.grillsforboats.com/maga10004.html

Since the only rails I have are the bimini when its down, I was thinking about doing this flush mount near the bimini mounts.
http://www.grillsforboats.com/maga10126.html

Does anyone have something else that they like that would work. It will be used on my DCB. I'm sure DCB could come up with something...it would just be out of billet and a few grand :)

Outdrive1 - if I get this, I would like for you to install. Let me know your suggestions.

Roln 20s

·
Old Skool Member
6,086 Posts
I use a grill that collapses and folds up. I set it on shore and BBQ there, however I have used it on the deck of the toon. Get something with propane though as it would be a whole lot less mess. You can pick up little propane grills at Home Depot. Lowes, etc for about $40 or so.......

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
We used on on our boat all the time.

We got the one made for sailboats. Because, it always windy to sail so the flame never goes out. I tell you what, Get a good sailboat one and cook away. they get so hot really fast and the wind doesn't blow them out.

·
Boat Nut
525 Posts
A guy on my dock has that grill and loves it. Never any problems and it's pretty dam secure. He has it positioned for cooking where it hangs over the water. It grills nice. I have the magma newport on our cruiser and it works great as well but I have rod holders for that one.

·
The Insurance Guy
1,920 Posts
I use a grill that collapses and folds up. I set it on shore and BBQ there, however I have used it on the deck of the toon. Get something with propane though as it would be a whole lot less mess. You can pick up little propane grills at Home Depot. Lowes, etc for about $40 or so.......
Agreed. I have the same thing; works great. Plus I use it camping, tailgating, etc as well.

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed. I have the same thing; works great. Plus I use it camping, tailgating, etc as well.
DILLIGAF and MH - Do you use this on your performance boats? Do you put a pad or towel or something below this when you cook to protect the interior? That's my fear. The best place to cook with this type of grill would be engine hatch and it would be a little awkward to work with because of the huge bench. I'd hate to flip a burger off the grill onto the interior. And we all know Murphy's Law :)

Roln 20s

·
Unhyphenated American
1,915 Posts
Yep, I use a little stainless portable gas grill. I picked it up here in vegas for 20 bucks. The propane cylinder and tongs store inside and it takes up little room in the engine compartment when it is not being used . I cant see spending $160 bucks to heat up some hamburgers and hot dogs!

·
Unhyphenated American
1,915 Posts
DILLIGAF and MH - Do you use this on your performance boats? Do you put a pad or towel or something below this when you cook to protect the interior? That's my fear. The best place to cook with this type of grill would be engine hatch and it would be a little awkward to work with because of the huge bench. I'd hate to flip a burger off the grill onto the interior. And we all know Murphy's Law :)

Roln 20s
I have seen them on an extension that put them over the water. Probably the way to go. Reach out 6" from the boat and cook away.

·
Unhyphenated American
1,915 Posts

Something to this effect. See the rail it mounts to. I have seen several deck boats with these extended out over the water cooking on them in coves.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Get the one like we had(also in you link). It turns away from the boat when your cooking but you can reach it to flip burgers and turn steak. I believe it uses a small propane bottle. You can buy an adapter so you can charge it up off of your large propane bottle also. Or buy a value pack at costco.

btw, we also had the flush mount adapter so no clamp on. Clamp on always made me think it was going to fall off and hit your boat or catch your boat on fire on the way down. NO THANKS

·
Old Skool Member
6,086 Posts

Roln 20s
Before I bought the collapsable one I just had the $40. propane grill. It had little legs on it. I had a thick cookie pan under it and then under that a very thick towell. When I was done I let it cool down and just wrapped it all in the towell and put two bungee cords on it for secure storage. It was fine but now I usually just take the bigger grill off the boat onto shore. When I had my Shockwaves I would never grill on the boat but could have. It was just a choice I made.

Oh ya.....now I have a Bennington Tri-toon

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,173 Posts
got 2

we have this for our beach stops...$19 wal-mart

and this one we use out on the boat...got it on overtons

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
I have the same one you are looking at. I had the flush mount attached to my 21 day crusier for years and loved every minute of it. I still have the grill and mount just havent had time to mount it to the Fountain yet....but I will. Grill works great just dont cook Sausages because the will catch fire however Burgers, Chicken, hot Dogs and Filets for steak sandwiches are all fair game :)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.