Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
just a ski boat with bark
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well being that I just can't bolt something together I took a grinder after my new aluminum heads. :))eek:))

Intake ports layed out

Intake opening roughed in

Exhaust bowl roughed in

Exhaust ports roughed in

Well hopefully I haven't screwed them up to bad. lol :bangmyhead:

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WTF!!!! You did write a CNC program for them. What, you sooooooo busy at work now?

Glad to see you got the CNC chambers, BUT, I may be wrong, but Steel should be along at some point and tell you to get in there and clean up the area where the exhaust seat is sunken in the chamber roof. I'm guessing.

Sorry Bob this is all by hand I've had to work too much at work. lol

The exhaust is not as bad as it looks in that picture but the cnc chambers could use a little clean up IMO. There's a couple of places wher the program transitions that I don't care for. And yes I put this thread up for critique and opinions so by all means let me have it. :)hand

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You want critique. Heres one:

GET THE FREEK'N DONE ALREADY!!!!!
I've built and broke 3 motors since you pulled the wrist pin. Less paly and more work. Where the hell are your prioities lately!??
LMAO :D

Well I guess thats one of the benefits to being a hobbiest versus a real racer is that you can take the winter off.

Oh and my priorities....... well they're all screwed up as usual. :shhh:

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
CNC AFR 305s? What size cubic inch are you building?

·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CNC AFR 305s? What size cubic inch are you building?
I originally ordered these heads last year for my old 12.5:1 467 that was turning 7500rpm. After its demise (without these heads) I had no budget left so I ended up building the 489 short block that I had been collecting pieces for.

·
Senior Ok PB Member
545 Posts
I think the next words out of Lorens post will be these aluminum heads will be going on his junk yard motor...:rolleyes:

·
adjones419
1,064 Posts
Doing well, Loren. Spent Friday night with Eric and Wags..drinking beer if you can imagine that! I'm leaving for Afghanistan in about 3 and a half weeks. Will be back in August for at least 2 months worth of boating weather.

Glad to see you finally got your heads! Did you get them from Todd at KTR?

·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Doing well, Loren. Spent Friday night with Eric and Wags..drinking beer if you can imagine that! I'm leaving for Afghanistan in about 3 and a half weeks. Will be back in August for at least 2 months worth of boating weather.

Glad to see you finally got your heads! Did you get them from Todd at KTR?
Yes i did however I've had them for a while now I just finally found some time to start working on them. :)

You drinking beer with Eric and Steve?!?!??! naw....... lol ;)

·
Village Idiot
3,454 Posts
Adam, it is great to hear from you. Take care over there and we hope that everything goes well. I look forward to seeing how these things work out for you Loren as you are always very careful with your builds. I hope to hear good things.

Paul

·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I look forward to seeing how these things work out for you Loren as you are always very careful with your builds. I hope to hear good things.

Paul
Thanks Paul I try to pay attention to detail and plan ahead. I'll keep you posted all my number crunching shows this should make a nice well rounded little engine so I'm anxious to see the results.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Loren, if it doesn't run as expected, get yourself one of these. At least it will LOOK badass;)
Thanks Bob I knew there was something else I needed to polish. lol :bangmyhead:

·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A few updates 3/7/12

Well I got a chance to work on the intakes last night so here's what they looked like after being rough shaped with the carbide burr. I hope to be able to finish them out next weekend.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts