Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know about anywhere else but man we got a major price spike over the last 2 weeks

24 slice pk of "can't believe they call this chit cheese" American cheese $5...WTF it's not even real cheese

Rib-eye's $14 fricken dollars a pound.......(on special with club card)...........KMA!!!!!!!!!!!

drinking water $1.20 a gal

loaf of Sourdough $4.30.....IT'S FUCKING BREAD..........not damn gold:)bit

Bacon......OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! $7 for the cheap shit 1lb pk.

Lettuce........$2 a head

FU Safeway........Hello Food City:wink2:

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Don't know about anywhere else but man we got a major price spike over the last 2 weeks

24 slice pk of "can't believe they call this chit cheese" American cheese $5...WTF it's not even real cheese

Rib-eye's $14 fricken dollars a pound.......(on special with club card)...........KMA!!!!!!!!!!!

Lettuce........$2 a head

I am sure fuel prices are hurting,but I agree Safeway is out of control and understand that many HATE Walmart,but when I buy save on items a $ or more sorry I'm needing to save money also. I don't understand Oil Going down and Gas went up 5 cents. This economy is in serious trouble.

·
Registered
640 Posts

Lettuce........$2 a head

Hope you did not buy at those prices. Havasu needs a Stater Bros.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Just part of the "change" part of the hope and change. Enjoy. :p

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
This is the result of a de-valued dollar. We keep printing money like there's no consiquence. Now we get the inflation that "THEY" say isn't happening.

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
My family farms bak in the Midwest and,I am very aware of every aspect of the food chain,other than Citrus and Seafood and ? Ethonol has been the biggest disaster ever in this Country we give huge subsidies to this loser and this is what it has accomplished.It increased the price of corn off the chart ans eventually increaded the cost to feed livestock which is directly passed on you us.We can not win,time to contact your REP. and tell him No More freebies fot the Peanut Industry,Corn Industry and on and on. We are NOT broke,we are just giving everything away.Research it,it will scare you,subsidies and Payoff to Big Corporate Farms.

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
It's those sumbitch'n unions at work driving up labor cost's for everything:))eek:)):wink2:

·
6,873 Posts
YES WE DO!!!!!!!!!! one of the things I truly miss from California
No you dont, $5:50 for name brand milk, WTF....
Even at costco and sams clubs 4 bucks a gallon but I will spend a gallon of gas to get there and back making the one dollar savings a 4 dollar increase price as far as fuel

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hope you did not buy at those prices. Havasu needs a Stater Bros.

stater Bros is union. be careful what you wish for !

·
Lord of the Drinks
2,352 Posts
I hate to break the news to you anti-union guys, but grocery price increases have little to do with labor right now.

I have given two price increases to the trade in the last 6 months- all are due to commodity cost increases (raw goods, packaging, fule/transportation, etc.). Wheat futures are causing increases in anything they touch.

An industry trade publication just did an article that grocery prices are at a 35 year high (adjusted for inflation).

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
$1.99............

No you dont, $5:50 for name brand milk, WTF....
Even at costco and sams clubs 4 bucks a gallon but I will spend a gallon of gas to get there and back making the one dollar savings a 4 dollar increase price as far as fuel
"Mountain View" milk, $1.99 per gallon at Smith's here in Bullhead... Gotta love it....
Ray

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Also look carefully at how inflation is constantly being re-defined so as to look less severe than it really is.

Food prices are considered a global emergency right now and everyone is suffering.

Labor and health costs are DIRECTLY related to the cost of food as is foods over regulation for "safety".

You are staring right at the problem of too much regulation.

Uncle Dave

1 - 20 of 41 Posts