Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just returned from grocery shopping I am absolutely appalled at the prices increases. It was bad enough before but this is bordering on lunacy. Steaks (and not that great looking) [email protected] lb, red or yellow bellpeppers $2.58 @, milk at [email protected] gal and the lady said that chicken is going to go up a lot now. The floods have taken their toll also on quantity and quality of produce it looks like.
I dont know how the average wage earner is keeping up what with the price of fuel and now food. It is only the 2 of us and its costalota, how a family of 4 is making it is beyond me.:( NSF

·
Registered
884 Posts
Try taking a family of 4 out to eat a couple times a week!!
Family dinners out have stopped at my house. We take the kids out to dinner once a month and cook the rest of the time. Parents still get once a week dinners, but quality of the resturant has gone done. Used to go out for steaks (Flemings) once a month, now that is once a quarter.

However, when school start up again, we will have Friday pizza night again.

Family of 4, average groc. store bill is $300 for 2 weeks.

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
Having just returned from grocery shopping I am absolutely appalled at the prices increases. It was bad enough before but this is bordering on lunacy. Steaks (and not that great looking) [email protected] lb, red or yellow bellpeppers $2.58 @, milk at [email protected] gal and the lady said that chicken is going to go up a lot now. The floods have taken their toll also on quantity and quality of produce it looks like.
I dont know how the average wage earner is keeping up what with the price of fuel and now food. It is only the 2 of us and its costalota, how a family of 4 is making it is beyond me.:( NSF
its all R. d fault

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
And you thought fuel prices would only affect your gasoline bill... :p

This is the tip of the iceburg.

:mad:

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
For 2 people I would say it is almost cheaper to eat out than it is trying to eat at home especially if you are making meals at home that are healthier ie. steak/chicken/fish and veggies types of meals.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Try taking a family of 4 out to eat a couple times a week!!

Sometimes its cheaper, and I'm not talking about fast food.
The prices at the store are merely a reflection of fuel prices catching up to the fuel costs. The fuel surcharges are impacting everything that needs to get to the consumer...and that's EVERYTHING.

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
For 2 people I would say it is almost cheaper to eat out than it is trying to eat at home especially if you are making meals at home that are healthier ie. steak/chicken/fish and veggies types of meals.
My wife and I say the same thing although we do cook at home all the time and go out to eat once or twice a week. Everytime we go to the store to just "grab a couple things for dinner" it is no less than $50 and we look for the deals if there are any.:)sphss

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
Single parent - My daugher everyother week . She has summer school from 7-12 ( getting classes out of the way so she can screw off later ) I have found it chepaer to eat out - I give her 30 bucks a week I spend about the same . What has been killing me is when i do try to be good and shop and then end up throwing out the food that i didn't eat -- Thats a pisser !

I think Venisen is going to be the Meat of necessity along with home made wine ! :D

EVEN MC FRICKEN DONALDS Dollare menu is five bucks :) :D

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Only a baller would rationalize it like that.:D
I still have training wheels compared to most of you guys around here. :p

My wife and I say the same thing although we do cook at home all the time and go out to eat once or twice a week. Everytime we go to the store to just "grab a couple things for dinner" it is no less than $50 and we look for the deals if there are any.:)sphss
We have really been keeping an eye on the restraunt coupons lately and there are some really great 50% off and buy 1 get 1 free coupons. With coupons like that it's hard to eat at home when 2 of us can eat for $15 or so and not have to go grocery shopping, make it, do dishes or clean up. :D

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
We have really been keeping an eye on the restraunt coupons lately and there are some really great 50% off and buy 1 get 1 free coupons. With coupons like that it's hard to eat at home when 2 of us can eat for $15 or so and not have to go grocery shopping, make it, do dishes or clean up. :D
Same here. There are some really good deals at the restaraunts right now.

Mike

1 - 20 of 52 Posts