Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It bugs me to go to the grocery store and get hit up for all sorts of crazy stuff. Checking out the other day the cashier asked me if I wanted to donate a dollar to kids cancer research or something or other. Hey I just want to buy what I need to buy and get out of this place. But they ask you in a loud tone, kind making you feel bad with other customers waiting behind you. I shake my head.

Outside I get hit up by the local girl scouts on cookies. Damn!!! I have to buy those thin mints!!! So that hits me for a few bucks!!! Then someone wants to register me to vote or sign a petition where I get the reader's digest version and never the whole story.

By the time I get home, I feel bad, I am exhausted and I have to eat my thin mints just to get my energy up to cook dinner!!! :D

R

·
0 Posts
It bugs me to go to the grocery store and get hit up for all sorts of crazy stuff. Checking out the other day the cashier asked me if I wanted to donate a dollar to kids cancer research or something or other. Hey I just want to buy what I need to buy and get out of this place. But they ask you in a loud tone, kind making you feel bad with other customers waiting behind you. I shake my head.

Outside I get hit up by the local girl scouts on cookies. Damn!!! I have to buy those thin mints!!! So that hits me for a few bucks!!! Then someone wants to register me to vote or sign a petition where I get the reader's digest version and never the whole story.

By the time I get home, I feel bad, I am exhausted and I have to eat my thin mints just to get my energy up to cook dinner!!! :D
Easy there big guy. Next time smile at them and say "no thanks".

R

·
0 Posts
Ah, just complaining. If that's my biggest problem I got it made!! :D
You said it.

On the other hand, I was filling up my boat at Texaco in Parker last week and got hit up by 3 locals asking for money. Now thats awkward.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You said it.

On the other hand, I was filling up my boat at Texaco in Parker last week and got hit up by 3 locals asking for money. Now thats awkward.
Yea, that's rough. I always give them a fiver. But I know it's probably just going for booze. Sucks! :)coffee

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yea, that's rough. I always give them a fiver. But I know it's probably just going for booze. Sucks! :)coffee
I was waiting in line to get a big mac a while back and this young girl asks if I have five dollars for gas to get her home in Santa Barbara. I said I have five gals. in the back of my truck wheres your car. Oops I guess she didn't have a car.

·
I'm on a BOAT
710 Posts
Christmas time at Williams Sonoma we have to ask the customer sooooo many questions I feel like I'm harrassing them.:|err

Can I have your zip code?
Would you like to give us your email address for our cooking classes
Woild you like to donate to ms?
Do you need this gift wrapped?
Do you need a gift receipt.

ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Shop at a normal Fry's instead of the Fry's Marketplace. :D

I know what ya mean.:D

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Shop at a normal Fry's instead of the Fry's Marketplace. :D

I know what ya mean.:D

I was just there, you get the same shiat. One buck for breast canser research. In the spring and summer you get the 3 day walks, every 4th day they are going.

·
Registered
917 Posts
You said it.

When that happens to me I just to the gas pump and say, "You think I got any money left over after I fill this MF'r up???"

·
Registered
293 Posts

I just love it when I gotta go threw the gauntlet of charity seekers after I get out of the store

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Christmas time at Williams Sonoma we have to ask the customer sooooo many questions I feel like I'm harrassing them.:|err

Can I have your zip code?
Would you like to give us your email address for our cooking classes
Woild you like to donate to ms?
Do you need this gift wrapped?
Do you need a gift receipt.

ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!
I don't blame you. I know you guys have to ask!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I hate the "you have to buy 10" to get the 99 cent block of chedder. I don't need 10 pounds of chedder! WTF!! Fry's is a pain in the ass. I prefer the Safeways.

·
639 Posts

Hey....you want to buy some popcorn from the CubScouts? :D

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
lately in my local ralphs theres been a guy sellin the local paper...hes got a booth set up between the isles and the checkouts....and he hounds you....a bit WAY too agressive. i was unloading my groceries onto the belt drive thing and he approached me....i never made eye contact with him, just said "im not interested" and keep unloading....he continued to pitch his sale even as i was paying for my shit!....and get this....he had a mouth full of food! he was snacking on chips or cookies.

its one thing to be a driven motivated sales guy....but being pushy and talking to me with a mouth full of food isnt gunna get me to buy your damn paper.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Just do what the guy in the video did to his GF - nobody stopped him....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts