16,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard it but not confirmed.

What a great mind to loose. RIP sir.

·
steelcomp was here
26,515 Posts
RIP Grump...wonder if they'll lay him to rest with a stogey... :D
He was always god for a laugh at the races, but very disciplined about his engine programs. Definitely be missed.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
total bummer

While working at my first job, I built my first motor as a sophmore in 2001 at a local machine shop.... Its was a 327 sbc. At a time when your supposed to know everything, Bills book humbled the shit out of me!...and still does.There are not too many greats left....RIP BILL

Attachments

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I received the call early Thursday afternoon.....He'd been having respiratory problems for some-time and it finally caught up with him, he loved his Cee-Gars!!!!!!!!!!

Back in my drag racing days I was running A/MP Camaro with a de-stroked 427 combination, in which Jenkins witnessed me struggling to get the car to work like it should, he gave me his two bits which was not his nature and were friends from then on! later I change over to Super Stock which later became Pro-Stock. In 1971 he approached me about keeping his finger in the BBC program as he was switching over to a SBC in the Vega. What a deal having this legendary innovator feed me information on what he had been doing with the same engine combination I was running. At the time Bill wasn't convinced the SBC in the new Vega was going to get the job done, less than a year into the season he was getting it figured out decided to pull the cork on the BBC ideas.

Even thought we didn't stay in close touch over the years I felt a bond of such and never took him for granted! I'm so blessed to have been associated with him and he will be sorely missed in my heart!

RIP...........Old Friend

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts