·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Everyone has their angle.

Daily Kos: The Heritage Foundation's 'Government Dependency Index' Scam

So Doc, have you seen the commercial by the association of Realtors with the grandpa and grandson sitting on the porch? What are your thoughts on that? Do you think the realtors can save the country?
Doesn't matter anymore. Almost all Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac foreclosures are now to be sold to REIT's which are large corporations. These properties are not to be sold for 4-5 years and will be rented in for that duration. So this will benefit large corporations and hurt owner/users. Properties values will probably stabilize and possibly go up in the future because of low inventory, but that equity will be gained for the large corporations. So in essence, large corporate REIT's will be benefiting huge....Thank You Obama! For all of those that don't believe Obama has corporations in his best interest, please take warning. Now it will be ever so difficult for average home buyers to buy homes with this lack of inventory, but they should find it comforting that they will be able to rent from the corporate giants.

·
Administrator
16,876 Posts
Lets see if he can buy an entire new state's worth of votes formerly known as Puerto Rico before election day.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Lets see if he can buy an entire new state's worth of votes formerly known as Puerto Rico before election day.
He can't. Not this election anyway. The statehood referendum is on the same day as the presidential election. And that's just an opinion poll basically. All it does is start the process. If approved they would formally request to become a state and then it's voted on in congress etc.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So Doc, have you seen the commercial by the association of Realtors with the grandpa and grandson sitting on the porch? What are your thoughts on that? Do you think the realtors can save the country?
Of course I'll answer honestly Rod. After 35+ years in the business I find the lion's share of real estate agents to be the most greedy, selfish, money-hungry group of so-called professionals I've ever met. They can calculate 3% of any number without hesitation but, when asked to actually provide a service they move on to the next customer. One man's description hit the nail on the head for me. He said, "Where else can you have a garbage man's education and a doctor's salary?" There are some great ones in this business but I've found less than 5% to qualify as great ones. Being in the service business rather than the commission business makes all the difference and sadly, few understand this concept.

To answer your question, I watch very little TV and have never seen such a commercial as you described, nor do I care to. I'll never need a commercial to inform me sufficiently about anything - I'm funny that way. Real estate agents are as capable of saving this country as Labrador retrievers and community organizers are, in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Of course I'll answer honestly Rod. After 35+ years in the business I find the lion's share of real estate agents to be the most greedy, selfish, money-hungry group of so-called professionals I've ever met. They can calculate 3% of any number without hesitation but, when asked to actually provide a service they move on to the next customer. One man's description hit the nail on the head for me. He said, "Where else can you have a garbage man's education and a doctor's salary?" There are some great ones in this business but I've found less than 5% to qualify as great ones. Being in the service business rather than the commission business makes all the difference and sadly, few understand this concept.

To answer your question, I watch very little TV and have never seen such a commercial as you described, nor do I care to. I'll never need a commercial to inform me sufficiently about anything - I'm funny that way. Real estate agents are as capable of saving this country as Labrador retrievers and community organizers are, in my humble opinion.

Ok ! Who is impersonating Doc???....... :wink2: .... Kudos Doc!!! Finally an honest evaluation of some of the private sector people.....Normally your posts and other's around here make the privare sector sound like the Saint Sector........ :)hand

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Doesn't matter anymore. Almost all Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac foreclosures are now to be sold to REIT's which are large corporations. These properties are not to be sold for 4-5 years and will be rented in for that duration. So this will benefit large corporations and hurt owner/users. Properties values will probably stabilize and possibly go up in the future because of low inventory, but that equity will be gained for the large corporations. So in essence, large corporate REIT's will be benefiting huge....Thank You Obama! For all of those that don't believe Obama has corporations in his best interest, please take warning. Now it will be ever so difficult for average home buyers to buy homes with this lack of inventory, but they should find it comforting that they will be able to rent from the corporate giants.
Not so fast there. A huge, wait HUGE! number of REIT's are held by retirement accounts and mutual funds. Believe it or not, there are real live breathing bodies behind those funds. Not much different than corporations that some morons like to say are not and do not represent live breathing bodies. I assure you, without my REIT's funds or my stocks, I would still be working. So there MUST be living beathing bodies behind those funds.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

5%, that high? Your absolutely right, but those agents don't usually last in the business long. RE is a referral and repeat business if you intend on lasting long in it. The worst part about the industry is that it has become more geared towards marketing instead of education.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And more about commissions than service which I absolutely detest!

Now, who thinks growing our entitlement class 23% during his tenure is a winning combination for the future of America? California is leading the way with that answer.
Rod, why don't you answer that question since I answered yours?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Not so fast there. A huge, wait HUGE! number of REIT's are held by retirement accounts and mutual funds. Believe it or not, there are real live breathing bodies behind those funds. Not much different than corporations that some morons like to say are not and do not represent live breathing bodies. I assure you, without my REIT's funds or my stocks, I would still be working. So there MUST be living beathing bodies behind those funds.
Lol, hope your REIT's are well lobbied. It's going to be similiar to what happened with the commercial foreclosures. Diane Feisteins husband is a board member for CB Richard Ellis, low and behold CBRE recieved a larger than large portion of the commercial foreclosures when they came to the open market.

I heard that REIT's were formed (arms length of course) to attain these portfolios before the decision to liquidate had even been made.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I have no doubts there are some shady dealings going on in the real estate and REIT's areas. When you say "coroporations" in regards to this, you can bet your ass there are "corporations" that were formed just for this purpose, that didn't even exist 2-3 years ago.

But not all REITs are evil. I have had some for over 10 years.
No, No , No, sorry for the confusion. I'm a fan of REIT's just not a fan of shady dealings. I prefer an open market, not an oligoply of who has the best lobbiest.

It's been well documented by economists that once we transfer from a REO and Short Sale market to a traditional market that property values will jump. I would just prefer for the larger number of buyers to receive this instant equity rather than the select number of REIT's that will. There will definitely be opposing views on this, but I am definitely not a fan of the idea.

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
And more about commissions than service which I absolutely detest!

Now, who thinks growing our entitlement class 23% during his tenure is a winning combination for the future of America? California is leading the way with that answer.
Rod, why don't you answer that question since I answered yours?
My answer to your question is that it has not grown 23%. Do we need to reform our programs, absolutely. Is our current situation and direct result of the last three years, absolutely not.

Everyone talks about the Dems and the POTUS growing their base. The demographic with the very worts voter turnout is the one you all seem so fixated on.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Is our current situation and direct result of the last three years, absolutely not.
True.
But the idea is to fix things, or at least halt the damage to a noticeable degree.
Not accelerate at warp speed to the cliffs edge.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My answer to your question is that it has not grown 23%.
The numbers I read from Investors Business Daily don't seem vague at all! The growth is huge in just the Keyan's first two years and it continues to grow today! It is NOT going in a sustainable direction.

Do we need to reform our programs, absolutely. Is our current situation and direct result of the last three years, absolutely not.
I believe you are kidding yourself or that your head is buried in the sand. Throughout his entire campaign and presidency he's preached redistribution of wealth and this is a direct result.

Everyone talks about the Dems and the POTUS growing their base. The demographic with the very worts voter turnout is the one you all seem so fixated on.
Take a look at inauguration day and tell me these people don't matter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts