Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Squirtcha and 396 ways to Spit. We all have been was following both of your Gullwing stories...What happened when you took them to the water for the first time ??? Hopefully nothing major bad. Are both you guys wishing you had kept the Kachinas? Updates man updates!!!

2,056 Posts
Hey Squirtcha and 396 ways to Spit. We all have been was following both of your Gullwing stories...What happened when you took them to the water for the first time ??? Hopefully nothing major bad. Are both you guys wishing you had kept the Kachinas? Updates man updates!!!
Squirtcha? has been updating his thread called "sounds like a smoking deal" and 396 is expected to make a lake appearance any day now.

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
I believe Squirtcha is up and running pretty damn good. Mine will hit water this weekend for the first time;) Ill keep ya posted with the result. The Kachina was nice BUT the gullwings are a FAR better choice than a Kachina;) Ride,Quality,Speed,etc..................

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sleeper CP, thanks for the link to Squirtcha's lake tests. Great stuff & helpful info from everyone. Lookin' forward to hearing about 396 Ways to Spit " After Action" report!

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Sleeper CP, thanks for the link to Squirtcha's lake tests. Great stuff & helpful info from everyone. Lookin' forward to hearing about 396 Ways to Spit " After Action" report!
People helping people, no problem :D

Sleeper CP :D

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts

·
2,925 Posts

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys should have played games with him, and made him look for them!:D

LOL, I need all the help I can get! I got a 1979 Earl Smith 18' Gullwing basket case sitting next to my house that I'm gonna be restoring when the weather gets cooler. Squircha and 396 are my gullwing inspirational mentors!! They are setting the bar kinda high though...

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
My Earl Smith 18' Gullwing

LOL, I need all the help I can get! I got a 1979 Earl Smith 18' Gullwing basket case sitting next to my house that I'm gonna be restoring when the weather gets cooler. Squircha and 396 are my gullwing inspirational mentors!! They are setting the bar kinda high though...
If you're looking for inspiration on a Gullwing makeover ... don't forget this one:

http://www.performanceboats.com//showthread.php?t=4093&highlight=WindWalker

I will be starting a rigging thread soon.

·
2,925 Posts

Well if you need any help or have any questions, please feel free to ask;) Ill be hitting the lake tomorrow for the 1st time;)

Where are you located???

·
2,925 Posts
Good luck Michael and be SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks fleet. Tomorrow will mainly be test/tune/check for leaks/make sure motor is running smooth etc;)

·
2,925 Posts
Mike,
Please take pics and some video. I want to see this beast in action.
Good luck.
T.J.
I wont be taking video till sat and sunday. Ill take pics tommorrow though;)

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 19 of 19 Posts