Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you make a deal you should follow through and not back out, when you do that, it might cost the seller a deal with someone else, if you are no comfortable sending a payment then stick to craigslist in your area or buy a new piece from a manufacture, just my opinion

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Well ya, doesn't everybody do what they say they are going to do?

·
Registered
836 Posts
ive been burned too many times "holding" things for people who say they're gonna do this and that. its nothing personal, but when i sell anything, first person who stick a wad of cash in my pocket gets the item. it doesnt matter who when what why or how... you want it, get me the money. delivery, shipping, etc can all be figured out later. im not a big fan of deposits simply because i dont like taking peoples money for nothing.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
my .02.....I have been burned big time via the internet when just sending someone some money...not this site. I have only met good people on here and only shop for things I want or need. I agree, we are all boaters and want to help one another out and maybe work with someone on some parts, but I can see first pay first play. I hope that no dill weed screws up a good thing we have.

·
tintingsandiego
1,063 Posts
I bought some exhaust off this site recently and he shipped em without payment and if I liked em, send him the money.....I sent the money asap after receiving item. This site and SoCal have been great so far.....

·
AKA OhOneWS6
2,637 Posts
I'll add that if you post something for sale be prepared to field PMs and questions. Don't just post it for sale and then disappear never to be heard from again. Even if you sold it to someone else it doesn't take that long to reply with "It's already sold".

Just my .02

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Exactly

Well ya, doesn't everybody do what they say they are going to do?
My sentiments exactly. I have been very fortunate dealing with the people here at PB, (and HB years ago). I have gone out of my way to be sure I do what I say I'm going to do, when I say I'm going to do it, and truly hope everyone else does the same.... I have taken handshakes over the phone, and so far, so good... I don't do paypal, nor do I sell on ebait, and agree with the comment, first to pay, first to play.....
Ray

PS SHBH, do you still want those Olds heads?....And, what did I pay you for those heads???

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I think PayPal has worked great for me so far...it's real easy to pay someone without having to blow off the dust on the check book and deal with mailing it. Money is there right away and the item can ship right away without having to wait for the worthless post office to lose your check.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Personaly I think these boards need a seller/buyer feedback section....good and bad. I had someone inquire on some parts I recently listed. I didnt return the pm because I THOUGHT that I remembered a deal gone bad with him(with a deal with him and someone else)....could have just been bad memory on my part....guess I will never know.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
personaly i think these boards need a seller/buyer feedback section....good and bad. I had someone inquire on some parts i recently listed. I didnt return the pm because i thought that i remembered a deal gone bad with him(with a deal with him and someone else)....could have just been bad memory on my part....guess i will never know.
rex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!feedback forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
ive been burned too many times "holding" things for people who say they're gonna do this and that. its nothing personal, but when i sell anything, first person who stick a wad of cash in my pocket gets the item. it doesnt matter who when what why or how... you want it, get me the money. delivery, shipping, etc can all be figured out later. im not a big fan of deposits simply because i dont like taking peoples money for nothing.
That's total BS. I have held things for people and vise versa. The whole mind set of first one to show me cash is crap. If you have three people in line you go in order. I have been stepped on to many times with this bull.

If I do get burned oh well I'm not trying to make a living off this site selling parts. I'm just trying to help boaters out.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
My sentiments exactly. I have been very fortunate dealing with the people here at PB, (and HB years ago). I have gone out of my way to be sure I do what I say I'm going to do, when I say I'm going to do it, and truly hope everyone else does the same.... I have taken handshakes over the phone, and so far, so good... I don't do paypal, nor do I sell on ebait, and agree with the comment, first to pay, first to play.....
Ray

PS SHBH, do you still want those Olds heads?....And, what did I pay you for those heads???
A buck and an intake....i give ya a buck 25 to cover storage and transportation;)...been a bit short on cash...havin to redo the bottom end on the chev ran me over budget for a month...had to get a dam job again:p i be over that way around the first.
mike

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
My experiences in the spam section have all been good.
I've had people hold stuff with and without deposits, have held stuff with and without deposits.
I held the Hydro for 3 weeks with no deposit and the guy showed up on time with cash.
(That was a verbal handshake over the phone)
I sold boats, boat stuff, stereo stuff, etc. without a hitch.

Hell, even Homez and I had a smooth transaction!:)hand:)hand
Everybody I've dealt with has been good to their word, and I have tried to make a point of returning that.
I make a point of cutting a finders fee for any help selling stuff also.
Pay Pal, Checks, cash, all have worked.

I have bought stuff that was not exactly as represented, won't post details, but nothing that warranted any bitching really.
This is always the first place I look when buying or selling most anything.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Freebies

This is always the first place I look when buying or selling most anything.
I agree about coming here first. Some of my best deals were the freebies I've received, AND the freebies I've given away. There is a certain feeling I get when I find an old relic of some sort, (part, tool, boat) and am able to keep it out of the landfill by giving it to someone that actually will use it... AND, I also try to go in order of response when selling. Sure, I'd like the money as quickly as possible, but if someone seems sincere enough, I'll hold an item for them until their check/MO can get through the mail..... I DO use the old adage, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME"......
Ray
PS SHBH, just give me a call and we can get together for those Olds heads about any time....805 300 0012

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have had to back out of a deal. I didn't want to, but I had to pay for other things!! Letting the person know whats going on is a different story then leaving someone to hang. I told the dude to sell to someone else as soon as I knew I couldn't get it!! He was cool with it, I think!!!
I hate to hear things like this. Sounds like something that would happen tome!

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
So far between this site and an outboard site I've bought 8400 dollars of junk that I got burned and stuck with. I will only buy thru pay pal from now on...........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts