Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Thanks for the intercooler pic. I have sooooo many Q's but I'm too broke to ask them.lol It dawned on my today I wouldn't even know where to go to buy/shop for a boat type intercooler.

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
A bunch of em here, and the seem to be fairly priced.
www.frozenboost.com

This one should take care of almost any need. A little steep price wise, but I would think it'd be able to get intake temps below ambient on a regular basis.

Water to Air Intercooler, 17"x12.25"x9", S/S I/O (Type 12)

Our largest water to air intercooler.

The proportions are somewhat rediculous, please make sure it will fit before ordering. If you have the room, there's nothing better.

The height, its smallest dimension, is nine inches. The total core size is almost 1500 cubic inches. This is more than five times larger than our smallest core. Recommended for up to two thousand horsepower.

100% Lightweight aluminum, No Epoxy Used In Core

Recommended for over 2500 CFM
Pressure Drop: Less than 0.5 PSI. This is not a typo! Liquid/Air Intercoolers have incredibly low pressure drop.
Inlet: 4" Outlet: 4"
Maximum water/air pressure: 70 PSI
This intercooler has the inlet and outlet on the SAME SIDE.
Note: The water inlet and outlet on most water/air intercooles are BPT threads. BPT fittings are difficult to find in the United States, so ours all come with NPT threads.

·
Registered
285 Posts
dont want to thread jack but could a guy cut a hole on the side of one of these, weld a carb spacer to it and use this as an intercooler for the draw through banks kit? i have the small intercooler and this would be an option to finding the big one.. thanks

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont want to thread jack but could a guy cut a hole on the side of one of these, weld a carb spacer to it and use this as an intercooler for the draw through banks kit? i have the small intercooler and this would be an option to finding the big one.. thanks
The best way is to have the cooler after the turbo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts