Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didnt think it would be this hard on me....kids think he went to a old dogs home where he is being taken care of,,,he went blind and back legs were stiff,,,needed 24 hr a day attention or he would walk around the garage and yipe like he was being beat'n.... sorry lil buddy.thankyou for protecting us and watching over r home for 10 yrs..we will miss you big al

here is r dog Alex goodby my friend....

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Didnt think it would be this hard on me....kids think he went to a old dogs home where he is being taken care of,,,he went blind and back legs were stiff,,,needed 24 hr a day attention or he would walk around the garage and yipe like he was being beat'n.... sorry lil buddy.thankyou for protecting us and watching over r home for 10 yrs..we will miss you big al

here is r dog Alex goodby my friend....

I hate reading about these things, it only reminds me that mine will also go at some point.:( Just looking at that picture shows the love & loyalty he had for you, remember that.:)

·
Red Blooded American
15,874 Posts
I know what he was worth to you guys. If it's any consolation, my son in law absolutely loves the surf board and his only son, my oldest grandson (8 years old, yesterday) rode some waves for the first time thanks to your love for this puppy.

From all the Wannabes, please accept our most sincere condolences. Keep the memories!

·
Purple headed member
7,170 Posts
Alex was one cool dog. He was blind as a bat and would run into 10 different things on his way to great you. He would be in a little pain but his tail was still waggin. His lack of sight enhanced is other senses and sometimes you would swear that he could see, but than he would walk right into a tree and let out a little yelp that would remind you of his handicap. He would sit, roll over and play dead like any dog with sight and then look at you a little off center with those green marble eyes waiting for his next camand.
He was a great dog and a great friend and he will be missed. I have no idea what to tell my 5 year old daughter. Other than Mike's son, Alex was a major reason for her wanting to go with me when I would visit Mike and his family.
Sad day Mouzer.................:(:(:(

·
Administrator
11,501 Posts
Very sorry Mike. These are some of the toughest days we have to get through as dog lovers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.