Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw someone looking for a Hallett 19' sprint, any more info about these hulls? Picked one up a few weeks ago, I really dig it because its not a bubble deck and built pretty solid. thanks:)

·
Registered
533 Posts
What year is it? These are great boats! A little on the heavy side but very solid. My buddy has one and I actually prefer driving his over my Rogers. The Hallett seems to be a little roomier too. Hallett is still in business and they're not making anything remotely close to what you have. I heard they they are being built in Australia now? I believe that the Sprint was designed by a man with the last name Barron. Either he worked with or for Hallett. I'm not sure.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 1980, have had and driven other 19' halletts (bubble deck) and it drove very nice and predictable. Had a blown bbf in it, very stable over the century mark. I think that Hallett was the name of the designer and Nick Barron was the man whose factory laid them up (or visa-versa). Kind of like Fred Wikkens and the Aqua craft deal.

The sprint has some of the biggest stringers i have ever seen in a boat and has no stress cracks in it, guess thats why they wiegh so much!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts