Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my regatta package from hallett. Is any one else going? If so, where is everyone staying?

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
DaddyMack is probably going. He lives in Vegas. Have a good time. Hallett puts on a great party.

·
I don't feel tardy
845 Posts
I finally got my regatta package from hallett. Is any one else going? If so, where is everyone staying?
I'm staying @ Loews Lake Las Vegas Resort,
Friday & Saturday night.

What is happening on Friday?

I have concerns about distances to the card stops for the poker run.

Let's hear from some of you Hallett Regatta veterans please.:D

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Last regatta, there were only 2 card stops , one to the left, right after the narrows and another just west of Temple Bar ..no real start time and all day to make the 2 stops .I'm not going this year . I'm worried about launching ...the party at night at the park in Boulder is great ! In n out and all the ice cream you can eat and a lot of prizes to boot !

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
I'm staying @ Loews Lake Las Vegas Resort,
Friday & Saturday night.

What is happening on Friday?

I have concerns about distances to the card stops for the poker run.

Let's hear from some of you Hallett Regatta veterans please.:D
We never did the poker run for the same reason. I don't think we would have made it between gas stops. Plus, we didn't want to be way up at the north end if the wind or a storm kicked up. They designed the poker run for the big boats.

·
I don't feel tardy
845 Posts
We never did the poker run for the same reason. I don't think we would have made it between gas stops. Plus, we didn't want to be way up at the north end if the wind or a storm kicked up. They designed the poker run for the big boats.
Thanks Angie
Exactly my concerns.
44 gallons in an 18 1/2 foot Mini Cruiser.
Maybe I can coerce someone to pick up my cards for me.;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you think henderson is too far away to stay in?

That's interesting about the gas situation. Can't you get gas on the water?

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Do you think henderson is too far away to stay in?

That's interesting about the gas situation. Can't you get gas on the water?
Henderson is only 10-25 minutes away depending on where you stay in henderson, there are a lot of small hotels in boulder and much safer for your toys...

When is the regatta?

·
Mead Junkie
16 Posts
Only 2 stops, and they're easy runs. One is at swallow bay, right next to caulville marina. the second is at middle point, around 25 miles from caulville bay, through the narrows. Gas is available at caulville, las vegas bay, echo bay and temple bar.

No rush to be anywhere. Take all day to hit both stops, stop and swim, one of the stops will have hot dogs and water for the participants.

Henderson is around 10 miles from the lake, but Hallett has a great deal at the Lowe's hotel at Lake Las Vegas. Check their web site.

Party in the park is always fun. Lots of free giveaways. It's a great way to spend Fathers day.... on the water during the day and in the park on Saturday night.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
only 2 stops, and they're easy runs. One is at swallow bay, right next to caulville marina. The second is at middle point, around 25 miles from caulville bay, through the narrows. Gas is available at caulville, las vegas bay, echo bay and temple bar.

No rush to be anywhere. Take all day to hit both stops, stop and swim, one of the stops will have hot dogs and water for the participants.

Henderson is around 10 miles from the lake, but hallett has a great deal at the lowe's hotel at lake las vegas. Check their web site.

Party in the park is always fun. Lots of free giveaways. It's a great way to spend fathers day.... On the water during the day and in the park on saturday night.
thanks!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Henderson is only 10-25 minutes away depending on where you stay in henderson, there are a lot of small hotels in boulder and much safer for your toys...

When is the regatta?

Regatta is next weekend. June 20-21

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Is Hallett for sale? I drove by their shop last week and noticed that all of the old man's buildings are for sale. I also heard that he is ill.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hallett Boats, the business, is not for sale at this time, however the property and buildings at the Rivergrade factory are (sale or lease). If and when the real estate sells, Hallett will move to a new, most likely smaller, location in Irwindale. When that occurs, Nick plans to turn the day-to-day operations over to his long-time vice president Jim Frisbee and son Jerry Barron. And yes, Nick had some serious health issues to deal with last year, but has made a remarkable recovery. At the moment, no plans for an official Hallett Regatta at this time.

·
lurker
157 Posts
There is however an unofficial gathering being put together for this summer. Check out "Halletts in Havasu" over on rdp.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Hallett Boats, the business, is not for sale at this time, however the property and buildings at the Rivergrade factory are (sale or lease). If and when the real estate sells, Hallett will move to a new, most likely smaller, location in Irwindale. When that occurs, Nick plans to turn the day-to-day operations over to his long-time vice president Jim Frisbee and son Jerry Barron. And yes, Nick had some serious health issues to deal with last year, but has made a remarkable recovery. At the moment, no plans for an official Hallett Regatta at this time.
Thank you for this information. I wish Nick the best.

·
Registered
50 Posts
does the Hallett regatta still go on ? anything for 2016 ?
thanks fellas
"Halletts in Havasu" is scheduled for Father's Day weekend 2016. PM me for further details. It's an unofficial deal with the blessing from Hallett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts